New some advise guys ASAP!!!!

motivemotive Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
hey guys,

am working on this computer but i same to cant get the display screen to come up but the computer same to be powering up and i took out the hard drive and it works in another pc very well.... but there is this flicking noise coming from the cdrom and the power light is red what does this means????

Comments

• GrynderGrynder Member Posts: 106
    Could be an issue with the display. Recently had a similar issue with a laptop where the display went completely out. So I couldn't tell if the computer was even booting.
    I went and checked the dhcp server and saw that the laptop was on the network and assigned an ip. I was then able to use remote desktop to get in and fix the messed up navida driver upgrade that caused the whole problem.
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Power light is red? Is it a Dell? Generally it indicates a power problem. I'd try it with an alternate power supply first.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Check the power supply as a possible source of the problem as suggested. If this is an older machine (say a Socket 478 Intel or Socket 462 AMD) I would check the motherboard visually quick for signs of bulging/leaking capacitors. If it's an E-Machine or other inexpensive retail bought PC and the power supply says Bestec on it, then there is a good chance the PSU went and took out the motherboard - fairly common of those PSU's to do that and cause the noise from the CD-ROM drive you are experiencing... done quite a few of those moonlighting for co-workers outside of work.