Options

Can you Flash 3550 with EMI?

I know that the 2900 series you can't flash them. Am I able to flash a 3550 SMI to the EMI?

Comments

• Options
    kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Yep, you just have to load a EMI IOS.
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    I know that the 2900 series you can't flash them. Am I able to flash a 3550 SMI to the EMI?
    You can update all of them. You just can't upgrade from SI to EI on a 2950. You must buy it like that.
  • Options
    yanks4everontopyanks4everontop Member Posts: 106
    kalebksp wrote: »
    Yep, you just have to load a EMI IOS.

And how does one obtain an EMI IOS? From Cisco directly?
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    And how does one obtain an EMI IOS? From Cisco directly?
    Buy license for SMI to EMI upgrade. Download from CCO. Download from CCO at own risk if you haven't actually paid for a support contract or the upgrade.

It is actually called IP Base and IP Services now. They renamed it awhile ago.
  • Options
    To be legal about it, you have to have a smartnet contract and get it from Cisco, plus you would have to pay extra to upgrade to EMI. I would venture to say that for studying purposes most people find other sources out on the Internet.
  • Options
    To be legal about it, you have to have a smartnet contract and get it from Cisco, plus you would have to pay extra to upgrade to EMI. I would venture to say that for studying purposes most people find other sources out on the Internet.

Is there a site that lists all the most current images for Cisco devices so I can tell if mine is the most up to date or not?
  • Options
    Is there a site that lists all the most current images for Cisco devices so I can tell if mine is the most up to date or not?

The Cisco Feature Navigator (Shortcut Redirect - Cisco Systems) will give you a list of all IOS images for your device. (Go to "Search By Platform" > CAT3550 > "Show All Software", you'll then have a list of all 3550 IOSs with the newest at the top.)
  • Options
    The Cisco Feature Navigator (Shortcut Redirect - Cisco Systems) will give you a list of all IOS images for your device. (Go to "Search By Platform" > CAT3550 > "Show All Software", you'll then have a list of all 3550 IOSs with the newest at the top.)

Awesome thanks.