Options

Passed 70-642

GeektechnicaGeektechnica Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
With 900/1000 icon_cheers.gif

Was a little worried about this one, had a rough go for a while on the practice tests for some reason. But it worked out in the end.

Now on to the 70-640!

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Man, I really feel behind-the-times. I don't even know which exams these new numbers refer too.

Are you just starting down the MS path with the 2008 track?

Congratulations and welcome to the forums :D
  • Options
    Thanks!

This is my second on my way to MCITP:Enterprise Administrator. Sat the Vista configuration test a couple months ago, finished Network Infrastructure today, and starting studying for Active Directory infrastructure probably tomorrow, heh.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    and starting studying for Active Directory infrastructure probably tomorrow, heh.

Why the delay? Just kidding, enjoy your celebration drunken_smilie.gif
  • Options
    dynamik wrote: »
    Why the delay? Just kidding, enjoy your celebration drunken_smilie.gif

Thanks again. I've got to keep my momentum up or else my resolve will slip, the last few weeks I've really been in "study mode" so I might as well keep it up and just get all of this out of the way.

It actually looks like I'll be doing 70-643 Applications Infrastructure next. I'm working on transitioning my 2003 network to 2008, and it seems to cover the sorts of things I'm dealing with right now.
  • Options
    bliznakobliznako Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @Geektechnica

Gratz on the pass! One suggestion on 70-643 - If you're using MS Press book, get some more reading materials.
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    bliznako wrote: »
    @Geektechnica

Gratz on the pass! One suggestion on 70-643 - If you're using MS Press book, get some more reading materials.

Thanks for the advice! I've actually got the entire LabSim training suite, which I've found to be really excellent. Although I am using the MS Press books as well. Usually I'll complete the Labsim training, and move onto the practice tests from the MS Press book, any chapters which I'm still weak on there I will then read out of the book until I'm consistent across all topics.
  • Options
    elaverick1981elaverick1981 Member Posts: 161
    Congrats, good score there too :)
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Congratulations! I'll second the good score as well.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    Congrats! I remember that actually being a fun test because it covers lots of material that is universal in the systems side of network infrastructure.

How did you like the LabSim material? It looks like they're actually reasonably priced. Do you think it adequately prepared you for the exam?
  • Options
    I've found the Labsim training to be superb. I went and purchased their whole library for $1995 in October... In about a week I sat the 70-620 and got a 976/1000. If you're into self study it is great because it holds your attention much longer than staring at an MS Press book. It varies things up quite frequently, for example: When you start a section you'll get an introductory video explaining what the topic is, then you go to a demonstration video showing the actual steps to set it up/use it, then a fact sheet to read, then maybe a simulation where you actually set it up yourself (the sims are excellent, sometimes hard to tell they aren't a real desktop) and then maybe another demo or two, with a quiz at the end.

By the end of the LabSim, there are several review tests broken down by topic, then a final practice exam (with a passing score of 95%). At that point once you are passing their practice exam, I've found I am scoring about 90% on the tests that come with the MS Press books. So I'll move on to them, taking several to find out what areas I'm still weak in, then read those few chapters from the book to get a different perspective. So far it has served me quite well.
  • Options
    darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    Nice, thanks for the review. I might give them a try for the AD cert.