Options

exam 70-620

franco67franco67 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
sup fellas,

just wandering how difficult is this test and what should i expect on taking this test ?
i just pass my security plus test and i'm network + certified.

i'm leaning toward this or CCNA.. please help. i'm ready to take the next step !!

Comments

• Options
    HandyManHandyMan Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It's not too difficult, but you have to read the material.
    General opinion is that you should read the MS-Press book for this exam and do the exercises and accompanying tests and you will do fine.
    I used that and CBT Nuggets, but could have managed with just the MS-Press book.
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    HandyMan wrote: »
    It's not too difficult, but you have to read the material.
    General opinion is that you should read the MS-Press book for this exam and do the exercises and accompanying tests and you will do fine.
    I used that and CBT Nuggets, but could have managed with just the MS-Press book.
    agreed...it's not all that difficult, and with the MS Press book and working through the labs in there and monkeying around a little with the OS, it is totally doable. I would think that it's way easier to prepare for than CCNA.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    bliznakobliznako Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just don't underestimate it... But, if you have used Vista for more than 3 months, like said, MS Press book will be quite enough.
  • Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I thought it was extremely easy. I overestimated it. Although, I was a Vista user since early beta's and had been reading and studying up on Vista for a long time (I'm a huge Vista supporter).

A lot of the questions I got I knew from hands on, and what I didn't know hands on came from the MS Press book. So, it shouldn't take a LOT of studying, but make sure you know a lot about the little things. :)

Good luck!
  • Options
    msethkmsethk Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    franco67 wrote: »
    sup fellas,

just wandering how difficult is this test and what should i expect on taking this test ?
    i just pass my security plus test and i'm network + certified.

i'm leaning toward this or CCNA.. please help. i'm ready to take the next step !!

Honestly this test is so easy that I would worry about my CCNA right now. The CCNA will take you a while to study up on. You can read through the MSPRESS book and pass the 70-620 in 3 weeks. Therefore, I would get something that's much more meaningful right now, the CCNA, and then knock the 70-620 out after you pass your CCNA.
  • Options
    HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    My question would be why bother with the Vista exam if you're not going to follow through with MCSE or MCITP tracks that require it. I don't know how valuable a Vista certification would be by itself.
    Good luck to all!