Amazon Kindle

neo468neo468 Member Posts: 123
Anyone bought one of these yet. One of the users at my work bought one and they really like it. I was thinking it might be nice to be able to download the different books that I need for certifications, for one thing its much easier to carry around. The only thing is I think the books are full price to download, instead of buying discounted used books.
1's and 0's

Comments

• vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    neo468 wrote: »
    Anyone bought one of these yet. One of the users at my work bought one and they really like it. I was thinking it might be nice to be able to download the different books that I need for certifications, for one thing its much easier to carry around. The only thing is I think the books are full price to download, instead of buying discounted used books.

I know two people who have bought one and have been VERY happy with them. icon_thumright.gif

Not sure on the prices though.
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    I'm interested in one but unfortunately they're not out in the UK yet. I expect the UK system have some high priced subscription attached as well icon_sad.gif
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    tiersten wrote: »
    I'm interested in one but unfortunately they're not out in the UK yet. I expect the UK system have some high priced subscription attached as well icon_sad.gif
    +1 for me being in Canada... no Kindle
  • BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    I have had a K2 for about a week and love it.

The wife and I cut out our data plans on our phones since the kindle has a built in browser. It isn't the greatest browser, but neither were the ones on our cell phones and with no fees the K2 will pay for itself in less than a year.
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.
  • RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    cacharo wrote: »
    I have had a K2 for about a week and love it.

The wife and I cut out our data plans on our phones since the kindle has a built in browser. It isn't the greatest browser, but neither were the ones on our cell phones and with no fees the K2 will pay for itself in less than a year.

Doesn't the Kindle rely on a wireless network to work?
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    RTmarc wrote: »
    Doesn't the Kindle rely on a wireless network to work?
    Yes on Sprint's 3G (with backup on the 1X) network. But the service is included with the initial purchase (no monthly fees)