Options

Sample Questions Versus Study Books

susuandmesusuandme Member Posts: 136
As many of you have commented sometimes reading books like Sybex etc, and taking
the actual exam, you discover that the questions on the test are deeper and much more
involved than the basic prep material written in the books.

That is why I ask the question, are reading as many "Sample Questions" on google etc, as possible a better approach to passing Security Plus, and you be your first priority, rather than using a study Note book as a backup.?

I have found that using sample questions, you find a wealth of information in both the, question itself, the possible answers to the questions, and the Explaination why the correct answer is right and the incorrect answers are wrong.

In contrast study books like sybex doesn't really probe the topics and objectives and explain why situations are right and wrong.

Comments

• Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    CompTIA or any other exams, we really need practice questions for conceptual exams. It's not history exam where we have to memorize a book and just go. Sometimes I get false impression that I know the concept ins and outs until I face a situation at work that shows me my weakness.

So we have to go for both always. Practice questions and books.
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    ger the manger the man Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    susuandme wrote: »
    As many of you have commented sometimes reading books like Sybex etc, and taking
    the actual exam, you discover that the questions on the test are deeper and much more
    involved than the basic prep material written in the books.

In contrast study books like sybex doesn't really probe the topics and objectives and explain why situations are right and wrong.

Yep - I will vouch for that too. You will need to use up to date test questions, the questions in the sybex book are nowhere near what you will see on the exam.