Options

70-620 today...well it was supposed to be.

HolyWarsHolyWars Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
So I was all studied up and pumped for the exam.....then my usual luck kicks in.
I had my 70-620 exam sheduled through IT Futures for 09-March-2009 here in Melbourne which is a public holiday (not reliseing this at the time but they shouldnt have a sheduale for the day if its not going to be open). I recieved my confirmation emails saying that my exam had been confirmed for this date. I go down to the test centre and they are closed.
I try to call them and recieve answer.
I get home and call Prometric and am diverted to India where I explain to them that I went to my exam as shedualed and the site was closed. The idiot on the other end says she can see on the website that IT Futures has exams shedualed for today and that the site is open. I tell her that I was thier and the SITE IS NOT open as a result of a public holiday. She then says she will try and contact the site and call me back which I then have to tell her again that ITS NOT OPEN so you wont be able to contact them. She then tells me that I may have to forfit my $180 for the exam if she is unable to re-book the exam.

I am so ******* angry right now. After work tmrw, if I go down there and am told that I have to forfit my $180 after I shove the recipt and confermation email in thier face I am seriously going to loose my ****. Thats if I can get there in time from work that is, also too where I work I have no phone reception. Everything is just SO FRIGGEN DANDY right now.

Will let you know when/if they fix the problem they created.
/end rant.

Comments

• Options
    DanielHughesDanielHughes Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thats really bad luck Holywars.
    Happened to a guy I worked with. He booked and confirmed his exam and then found out it was a public holiday too. He was able to reschedule the exam, at no charge, but it sucks when your all pumped for the exam and ready to go, but then dont get to do it.
    Give them a ring back tomorrow when they are back and hopefully you can sort it out.
  • Options
    Yeah, I have calmed down a bit now :) I am going to see if I can get off work early and go down to the centre, I am sure that someone at the centre will be able to sought something out. ;)
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I have a story too with a testing centre in the St.Kilda Rd Tower. If I can recall correctly, it was the 30th of October 2006 when I couldnt get over the line in the Cisco ICND exam. I was pretty close though, only 1 question out. Well, the testing centre owner commiserated with me and offered to open the centre on 6th of November (after which Cisco retired the ICND exam). November 6 was a public holiday (dont remember why). So he worked on his computer for a while and was able to book me a 1pm time on the 6th. So I rock up at the building around 12.40. Turns out the whole building's locked and armed. I called the testing centre owner on his mobile (which was the test centre's only contact number) and went straight to his message bank. Called up a few times and left some frantic messages. Heck, it was my last shot before the exam was retired.

20 minutes passed and still no call from the test centre. I went to the nearby IGA, bought something to drink and came back to the building and it was still locked. I told myself another 15 minutes and I am out of here. I was so furious that I was planning to sue the guy. So I started walking back to the train station, had just bought a ticket when the phone rang. The centre owner profusely apologised and almost pleaded me to come back and sit the test. Said he had gone to the airport to pick his son up but they got delayed at the airport's parking lot as the boomgates got stuck. Started the test almost an hour late and passed.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    Yeah this place too is in St Kilda rd. The whole complex was locked like you said, I waited around for about 15 minutes, tried calling a number of times, then left.
  • Options
    Well it seems I am being burnt over and over. I got in contact on Tuesday with IT Futures, they sent me an email with the Prometric phone number in Sydney and a Ticket Number to quote to rebook my exam. I have called this place 3 times now, all within thier stated 8.30am-7pm Monday to Friday Sydney time office hours, and they are closed every time.
    Starting to crack the shits again, its getting beyond a joke now.
  • Options
    Finally got through, exam is on April 6th. :)
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    HolyWars wrote: »
    Finally got through, exam is on April 6th. :)
    YAY! Glad to hear it! Now just make sure that they're open and that it's not a holiday! ;)
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion