Options

Citrix 4.5 / Excel 2003

Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
Good evening,

I have a farm of 12 Citrix Presentation 4.5 servers (fully patched) on Windows 2003 R2 x64. Randomly it seems users are getting prompted to activate their Microsoft Excel 2003 when run in a published desktop even though it's legally licensed and been activated in install mode long ago.

I was never ever able to confirm the problem until today. I had opened and closed Excel at least 50 times when alas, it finally came up. Very odd, I cancelled out of the Excel activation screen and opened it again. This time, no problem! Only happens with Excel.

So i took the Citrix server down, set it into application mode and ran a Office Repair, applied updates, made sure it was activated, rebooted and made sure I was in exec mode.

Seemed to work, I cound 100 open and closes, hour later I found out it didn't work.

So I fully uninstalled, delete the office folder, reinstalled, updated, restarted again with the correct user modes for temrinal server/citrix.

Same exact problem, again it will random ask for actvation... randomly mind you. Hundreds or open and closes to get the prompt to come up. So far I have not replicated the issue with Excel Safe mode, but I have only opened and closed it a 40-50 times. Might just not be enough. Don't know...

Ideas? The issue was reported on another one of the server in the farm last week too, and all we did was activate it, and it has not acted up since. But I get feeling those users don't touch excel as much as these ones...
-Daniel

Comments

• Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Any more information I can share?
    -Daniel
  • Options
    kenny504kenny504 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 237 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ensure that your system clock on your server is correct it may be an activation problem because of an inncorrect clock on the system.

I have never heard, of an issue like this one can you take a screen shot of it and send it.
    There is no better than adversity, every defeat, every loss, every heartbreak contains its seed. Its own lesson on how to improve on your performance the next time.