Options

Network + 09 help needed

J_CJ_C Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,
Any one know where to get the updated 2009 version practice questions? I normally use Transcender but they won't release there practice questions for the 09 version until May. My test is the 30th, I can tell you that they stuck mostly with Server 2008 and Vista (all versions) for refrance in the new book as well they droped all the RAID stuff from the new one as it was covered in the latest A+ exam. I have the cert blaster practice exams but would like 400 or 500 more practice questions. If any one can help let me know.
Thanks -J-

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    J_C wrote: »
    Hi,
    Any one know where to get the updated 2009 version practice questions? I normally use Transcender but they won't release there practice questions for the 09 version until May. My test is the 30th, I can tell you that they stuck mostly with Server 2008 and Vista (all versions) for refrance in the new book as well they droped all the RAID stuff from the new one as it was covered in the latest A+ exam. I have the cert blaster practice exams but would like 400 or 500 more practice questions. If any one can help let me know.
    Thanks -J-

The new exam is not out until July.

So whatever 'practice' you think you need, the materials are current. I'd recommend against using questions though, if you cannot learn the material via your experience and a couple good books....memorizing questions won't benefit you in a whole lot later on.

Check out the PDF Technotes on this site.
    Meyers book or the Sybex book.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    actually, the 2009 exam is out now - it was released in January, and the "old" exam (2007 version based on the 2005 objectives) will be retired on July 31st. The CompTIA "Network+ At A Glance" page has a really good rundown of the basic exam details.

As far as study materials for the new exams, unfortunately there aren't many out there yet. Which version of the exam did you register for?? The exam code for 2007 is N10-003, and the exam code for 2009 is N10-004, and the exam code should be referenced on your registration confirmation.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion