Options

Junior Security Analyst

laptoplaptop Member Posts: 214
Hi

Currently, I have a diploma in Business Admin - Info Systems.
Also, getting a degree in IT management - bachelor of commerce.

As you can see, the programs I have taken are more IT/Business courses with the intent of becoming a business analyst. I'm don't have solid technical or business skills. However, I'm graduating very soon. I'm planning on making a slight move of becoming a junior security analyst (detecting fraud for credit card companies or work in a mobile company doing security)

What certifications should I take to allow me to become a Junior Security Analyst?
Should I target Network courses first? Then Security?
Are there specific and valuable security certifications available? What is the most popular one?
I tried taking CCNA but it is complicated due to the fact that I don't have industry experience.

Feel free to add additional comments. I appreciate your help.
Thank you

Comments

• Options
    zen masterzen master Member Posts: 222
    If you find the CCNA too complicated, you may want to give Network+ a shot, and then move on to CCENT as the first step to your CCNA. After that, it probably wouldn't hurt to get Security+ and MCSA: Security. Then, if you've gotten enough experience at that point, CISSP may be the next thing to consider.
  • Options
    laptoplaptop Member Posts: 214
    zen master wrote: »
    If you find the CCNA too complicated, you may want to give Network+ a shot, and then move on to CCENT as the first step to your CCNA. After that, it probably wouldn't hurt to get Security+ and MCSA: Security. Then, if you've gotten enough experience at that point, CISSP may be the next thing to consider.

Thanks, I'll try to follow this path.