Options

Should I take the 70-290

dsjellesmadsjellesma Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was hoping some of you more experienced people may be able to help me decide which direction to go.

I just earned my Network+ Certification last week, and am eager to get started working on another one. I am fairly certain I would like to get my MCSA eventually, and I was wondering if you guys think the 70-290 would be the next stop on my list.

I have some experience using Windows Server 2003 and have it running on a virtual machine. Do you guys think this would be a good exam to tackle next, or is there another one I should work towards first?

Thanks for any advice!

Comments

• Options
    Big JizayBig Jizay Member Posts: 269
    dsjellesma wrote: »
    I was hoping some of you more experienced people may be able to help me decide which direction to go.

I just earned my Network+ Certification last week, and am eager to get started working on another one. I am fairly certain I would like to get my MCSA eventually, and I was wondering if you guys think the 70-290 would be the next stop on my list.

I have some experience using Windows Server 2003 and have it running on a virtual machine. Do you guys think this would be a good exam to tackle next, or is there another one I should work towards first?

Thanks for any advice!

My advice is to start with the 70-270 XP test first. People usually take the 70-270 or the 70-620 Vista first. The 620 is rumored to be easier than the 270, but there is a lot of overlap between the 270 and 290. So when you pass the 270, the 290 will have a lot of subjects on it from the 270, which makes the 290 easy. If you take the 620 first, even though it's easier, the next test, the 290 will be much harder because you'll have to learn the 290 subjects from scratch.
    The only thing that can stop you is you

Currently studying for 70-293