Renewed Vigor!

the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
Well, been throwing myself a bit of a pity party the past two months and have finally decided to give that up! I have accepted that at this point I probably won't find a computer security job (no experience kills you), but no reason not to continue the security studies. My plan is to blast through the new material I have and kill the CEH! Missed by one point (69% was a real killer) so with renewed strength I will go after it! Hoping to take it in about a week to two weeks...

(yes just a random post!)
WIP:
PHP
Kotlin
Intro to Discrete Math
Programming Languages
Work stuff

Comments

• darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    I think I was the last person to take it here before you. I'm glad to help, so let me know if I can assist!
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,025 Admin
    Good for you in continuing to seek a path towards a career in information security. This will make your success that much sweeter when you do find your first security job. Don't forget to consider opportunities in organization where you may not start in a security position, but will have the opportunity to transition later to one.

Also be aware that the CEHv5 exam will only be offered through the end of May. After that it's only CEHv6 until CEHv7 is released. It's very likely that I will start studying for the CEHv6 myself this year.
  • TalioGladiusTalioGladius Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote: »
    Good for you in continuing to seek a path towards a career in information security. This will make your success that much sweeter when you do find your first security job. Don't forget to consider opportunities in organization where you may not start in a security position, but will have the opportunity to transition later to one.

Also be aware that the CEHv5 exam will only be offered through the end of May. After that it's only CEHv6 until CEHv7 is released. It's very likely that I will start studying for the CEHv6 myself this year.
    Offtopic for the thread, but does the CEH have to be renewed at all? As in does it expire?

If you've already taken the v5 is there any reason to take a later version?
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I believe there are on-going education requirements that you have to satisfy in order to keep it current. If you fail to meet those, you'll have to take a newer version of the exam.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,025 Admin
    Most EC-Council certifications require collecting EC-Council Continuing Education Credits (ECE). You'll need to collect 120 ECEs every three years and at least 20 ECEs each year to stay in good standing. If you fail to collect the requisite ECEs, your cert(s) will be revoked and you'll need to retake the current release of the exam(s) to become re-certified. And, as it has been mentioned on other threads, you can "double dip" your learning experience by also claiming it for CEUs and CPEs for other certs.