Options

Passed 70-620

PrempmtPrempmt Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi there all,
i am new to this forum. I attempted the Vista head on yesterday. I wont the battle.ha ha

The only tough part i felt shaken - there were like 12 simulations. I was like woah. Seriously. Well i was prepared for the exam and stuff but I wasnt that much prepared for the simulations and 12 in fact . Most of them are simply logic and if you had studied and you have experience its simply a breeze.

I remember once doign the testout stimulations, It will greatly help if one has that. But overall reading hte courseware well will come along way.

Overall, I am happy and now to my next onslaught.

By the way my score was 850 and my test prepkit measureup was showing me around 835.

Overall all i can say is, study well and study hard. Shortcuts wont get you the results.

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    First off, welcome to the forums.

That's a good score, I too was expecting a few simulations, but I had almost 1.5 times yours! IMO, sims are better than other questions, just a few clicks and your done, besides more points are awarded for getting it right.

What's next on your agenda?
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options

Essendon thanks for the welcome man.

My Next Onslaught will be ITIL foundation after which will be back to my MCSA track. I will be taking it most likely by next week. Read through the book and Went through CBT tutorials, pretty hyped up but more preparations to be done.

Just oredered my very own MS welcome kit.

Cant wait!!

A query, for my MCSA/MCSE track would there be a similar amount of stimulations as well. Also should i consider the New 2008 server track?
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I hope you like the ITIL thing man, for me it was THE MOST boring thing I have ever done. Most of it is hypothetical, it goes on about best practices and sh!t. Mind you, I have only done a primer course on ITIL yet, will be doing the actual course when I am scheduled by the company. Ah well...

I havent done the 270 but most people dont get any simulations on that. On the others, your guess is as good as mine. Dont worry about the sims at all man, if you have done the lab work while preparing, the sims are usually a breeze. Crank up a few VM's, break-fix stuff, that's how you learn if you dont touch actual servers at work.

I'd say do the MCSE:2003 before jumping to the 2008, and dont just stop at the MCSA, go for the big fish. With the global economy like it is now, I guess most companies would continue with 2003 for a few more years. Even a keyword search for server 2008 on monster etc. doesnt yield much.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    DanielHughesDanielHughes Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and welcome!
    I have my 70-620 next week. Been studying heaps for it so I hope I do well.

I know your going to find this site extremely helpful no matter which track you choose to head down. Just enjoy the ride!
  • Options
    I definitely will. All the best on the exams, do loads of practice and if you can get hold of sims, it will definitely help you for the final touch down.

Next up is the ITIL and then back to 70-290.

Any tips on 70 -290
  • Options
    Well i agree with you, its Boring Crap load of things to learn. But i am aiming to Be in a middle Management role, hence i am going for the ITIL. I feel like a Cert crazed freak. haha.

the typical system admin is fine, but it takes a toll when one come to and keep saying an example below..
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ME : yes ?

User : I cant seem to use the computer. the computer isnt understanding me. I am good at this You know!!

Me : what is the issue?

User : I cant save this excel sheets. All the data is gone. You IT people must have done something and blah blah

ME: Dear User, how many tabs do you have in your excel worksheet?

User: I had about 78 tabs in the excel sheet. Most of them seem corrupted.

ME: I am sorry??!!!?? ( couldn't believe the fact that there were 78 tabs in a single worksheet)

User : you heard me, i think you guys updated something and now i cant use it. I am going to complain to the Dept Head about this.

Me: well user, My name is XXXX of XX dept . ID is XXXX. SUE ME .... (Phone died)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I couldnt believe that people can be so dumb to utlize so muc of data in a macro filled excel.

The stories are more i tell you but it take a toll, hence thought of changing to Middle Mgmt for somehting concrete
  • Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! Awesome advice, too. Shortcuts won't get you the pass here, you really need to study! :)

I like the simulations a lot better than the actual questions. It keeps a lot of the braindumpers out in the cold, and it isn't hard to read the question. You get a task, and you do it. Simple, and shows that you know what you are doing in that situation. :)
  • Options
    blackngold4877blackngold4877 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    PC509 wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass! Awesome advice, too. Shortcuts won't get you the pass here, you really need to study! :)

I like the simulations a lot better than the actual questions. It keeps a lot of the braindumpers out in the cold, and it isn't hard to read the question. You get a task, and you do it. Simple, and shows that you know what you are doing in that situation. :)

Totally agree, the sim questions are the most important part, IMO. The exam I just took literally had no sims, you could pass it just from reading the book and watching the trainsignal videos without ever touching the OS.
  • Options
    harristsharrists Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulation on passed 70-620. I think simulation is better if you have hand on experience on Vista and you will feel the simulation questions are very easy.