CBT nuggets for Server+

maumercadomaumercado Member Posts: 163
Is the CBT nuggets material for server+ good??

are they good for other certifications, which one?

My folks are helping me pay for the training courses...

Thank you!

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    maumercado wrote: »
    Is the CBT nuggets material for server+ good??

are they good for other certifications, which one?

My folks are helping me pay for the training courses...

Thank you!

I enjoy both the CBTNuggets material as well as the TrainSignal.

They each prepare a candidate with a different approach.

I've found the CBTNUggets material is more exam objective oriented....therefore...more focused on the exam.

TrainSignal I've found to be more theory/application focused....you'll become prepared for the exam, but via learning the material through regular situational, not as much exam objective oriented (though it is...just the videos are more 'big' picture approach).

Both have their merits. I believe both offer 'sample' preview videos to see and use so you can determine which fits your study style best.

I wish I could tell you to pick one over the other, but I like them both in different ways.

FWIW
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • +CNENT++CNENT+ Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If your parents are paying, get both. icon_smile.gif
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    I normally really like CBT Nuggets' stuff, but I wasn't totally impressed with the Server+ videos. The way they're done for the 2005 objectives are a bit odd - you've got the old objective (2002?) videos first and then some updates for the 2005 objectives at the end. So you have to go through some old stuff first and then you get to the updates at the end. The videos themselves are good, but I wasn't so keen on how they organized them & didn't do updated videos for the 2005 objectives. Just my opinion...
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • tbgree00tbgree00 Member Posts: 553 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just bought the trancender practice tests and study guide for this test yesterday. I'm also using an out of date copy of the Server+ Certification Bible. I would say downloading the trancender demo would be good for exams at least. I'm not sure how their training is but the rest is nice.
    I finally started that blog - www.thomgreene.com