Options

Freak on Unattended Install of W.XP

puertorico123puertorico123 Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
i am study for both 70-270 and 70-291. i am change of mind agains, beacuse i will study for 70-620 (vista) instead of 70-270.
when i review for unattended, i make one, for test in my work, but not all answer automatic, only the display setting (video) and workgroup option.
but i am beyond the basic, i am making my super XPCD for the old workstation dell 270 and dell 250, in my works.
my step is:
drop the WINNT.SIF in the i386 folder.
create a $OEM$ inside of i386, making a $1 folder for \DRIVERS.

due to the MSbook about 70-270, does not explain beyond of the floppy option, i search in the web. and i am very questions.

i agreement and download adobe reader and flash from the website, my purpose is to install automatic or make a distribution point. for example, when install the XP, automatic install the adobe read and flash OR the applications without intallation theses applictions, for example create a $OEM$ folder outside of i386 and then other folder \$1, and then \Install folder put the package of adobe reader and flash in the \install folder.
this is Ok???

my other question is to upgrade some component in the XP CD,like "Windows Installer 3.1" ?
HOLD:
Comptia A+
Comptia Network+

2009 Plan:
MCSA...75%
CCENT....0%
70-648..0%

2010 Plan:
MCITP
ORACLE

Comments

• Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    i am study for both 70-270 and 70-291. i am change of mind agains, beacuse i will study for 70-620 (vista) instead of 70-270.
    when i review for unattended, i make one, for test in my work, but not all answer automatic, only the display setting (video) and workgroup option.
    but i am beyond the basic, i am making my super XPCD for the old workstation dell 270 and dell 250, in my works.
    my step is:
    drop the WINNT.SIF in the i386 folder.
    create a $OEM$ inside of i386, making a $1 folder for \DRIVERS.

due to the MSbook about 70-270, does not explain beyond of the floppy option, i search in the web. and i am very questions.

i agreement and download adobe reader and flash from the website, my purpose is to install automatic or make a distribution point. for example, when install the XP, automatic install the adobe read and flash OR the applications without intallation theses applictions, for example create a $OEM$ folder outside of i386 and then other folder \$1, and then \Install folder put the package of adobe reader and flash in the \install folder.
    this is Ok???

my other question is to upgrade some component in the XP CD,like "Windows Installer 3.1" ?

Hiya,

this is clearly the best resource out there :

MSFN's Unattended Windows : Unattended Windows Introduction

I did some crazy unattended installs with that guide :)

The people are in general very helpful with all sorts of unattended installs

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showforum=70

If you don't prefer the manual way, then check this out :

nLite - Deployment Tool for the bootable Unattended Windows installation

The only Windows version I did not manage to install unattended is the Windows Unified Data Storage Server icon_sad.gif
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    puertorico123puertorico123 Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Gomjaba wrote: »
    Hiya,

this is clearly the best resource out there :

MSFN's Unattended Windows : Unattended Windows Introduction

I did some crazy unattended installs with that guide :)

The people are in general very helpful with all sorts of unattended installs

MSFN Forums -> Unattended Windows 2000/XP/2003

If you don't prefer the manual way, then check this out :

nLite - Deployment Tool for the bootable Unattended Windows installation

The only Windows version I did not manage to install unattended is the Windows Unified Data Storage Server icon_sad.gif

Thanks for the link, in my proyect, when i install WXP, i see 2 update w\out select SP3.
    one is MSI or windows installer 3.1 version. i download the redistribuitable version from microsoft.com. my next proyect is integrate this, to the disc using the method >run "/integrate:C:\XPCD". my ultimate proyect is integrade office 2007.
    HOLD:
    Comptia A+
    Comptia Network+

2009 Plan:
    MCSA...75%
    CCENT....0%
    70-648..0%

2010 Plan:
    MCITP
    ORACLE