Options

passed bsci

yuriz43yuriz43 Member Posts: 121
first attempt, passed with a 833.

I had to entirely skip an easy simulation question because I exited out of a router and couldn't get back in!!!! Usually the console is only password protected and the password is cisco, however this one had username/pass authentication and I was not provided with login credentials!!(cisco/cisco didn't work).

Overall the test was hard for the following reasons.

A. Large number of questions, some of which can be very time intensive. I had to rush at the end and finished with 20 seconds left.

B. There was some material on the test that was not covered AT ALL in the bsci cisco press book.

I'm happy to be finished with it, and will start studying for the BCMSN in a few days. I think this will be a little easier since it covers a lot of layer 2 technologies that I work with on a regular basis.

cheers

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congrats on the pass, that's not a bad score despite having skipped a sim. icon_thumright.gif

I know the feeling about material not being covered by the "official study guides", that's why a lot of people on this forum recommend using two or more resources. Personally, I'm going to be putting away not only the BSCI study guide from Cisco Press, but also Routing TCP/IP Volume I and Volume II before I think about sitting for this one.

Congrats again, and good luck with BCMSN! :D

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Freaking awesome job dude great!
  • Options
    kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • Options
    aragoen_celtdraaragoen_celtdra Member Posts: 246
    Congrats! I had problems with my sim as well where the simulator won't accept the configuration I typed in (eg. If I typed in an IP add such as 10.10.10.1, it would show something like 10.10.10.2 and it would never reflect on the sh run) I tried my best to make the configuration and just went on to the next question without verifying. Quite frustrating!

However, that is why total preparation is key and missing a few questions here and there will not hurt if you are prepared to ace the other parts. ;)

Good luck with BCMSN. I just finished reading 5 chapters and so far much easier than BSCI. And if Layer 2 is your strength experience-wise, I'm sure you'll have no problems.
    CCIE Wr: In Progress...
    Hours CCIE Wr Prep: 309:03:52
    Follow my study progress at Route My World!
    My CCIE Thread
  • Options
    redwarriorredwarrior Member Posts: 285
    Way to go! Now I'd better quit the slacking and get back to reading my BCMSN book! :D You moving on to BCMSN as well next?

CCNP Progress

ONT, ISCW, BCMSN - DONE

BSCI - In Progress

http://www.redwarriornet.com/ <--My Cisco Blog
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! It is a challenging exam and a great feeling passing it!

Good luck with BCMSN.
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

Deltah_Deltah_ Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I passed BSCI today, a lot question about IPv6, it was challenging.

Is it a new thing that my score is only a preliminary score ? I pass easily but I need to wait 72 hours to see my real score.