Hmm, getting bored of CCNA:S maybe CCNP?

nevolvednevolved Member Posts: 131
I've read about 300 pages of the Cisco Press book for the CCNA:Security, but I'm starting to get bored with it. Specifically, the information and about securing SANs bored the crap out of me. I've also been studying for the BSCI at the same time. I've heard some people say that you shouldn't go for the CCNP until you have had the CCNA for quite some time, what do you think? I've had the CCNA for only about 1 month, and I've been in the field for 2 years(working with Cisco periodically throughout that entire time). Thanks,

(The CCNP is way more interesting to me than the CCNA:S.)

Comments

• nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you do the NA:S now it will be another under your belt and it will help towards parts of the CCNP. If i were you i would stick with it for now and get it out of the way seen as you've coveered alot of the material. Then go onto the NP.

Imo, if you have been working with cisco for the last 2 years i would of went for the NP after the NA.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • aragoen_celtdraaragoen_celtdra Member Posts: 246
    I dove right in to BSCI a couple of days after passing my CCNA. I work in a help desk environment so my exposure to the IOS is very limited. I must say I had fun studying for BSCI and I can't wait to get back at it again after BCMSN. But it wasn't always fun and there were times where I had to really push myself to finish reading a chapter.

With that said, I'd have to agree with Nel. You gotta finish what you started. Otherwise you'll always be jumping from one thing to another without really accomplishing anything (this is more of a general statement for everyone rather than you - seeing that you HAVE accomplished some based on the certs you have ;) ).

Good luck with your studies.
    CCIE Wr: In Progress...
    Hours CCIE Wr Prep: 309:03:52
    Follow my study progress at Route My World!
    My CCIE Thread
  • mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    nevolved wrote: »
    the information and about securing SANs bored the crap out of me.

(The CCNP is way more interesting to me than the CCNA:S.)

Talk about different strokes for different folks... I find security fascinating, while the majority of the BSCI bored me to tears. IPv6, multicast, IS-IS, BGP... oh my gawd!
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.