Options

Microsoft 2nd Shot

tmpruesstmpruess Member Posts: 4 ■■■□□□□□□□
So I'm getting ready to fight the beast sometime in the next week and I was wondering what the process is for getting the Microsoft 2nd Shot voucher if I fail the exam. Do I have to do something before I take the exam or after? I just want to be sure so I dont fail and waste $125.

I am currently using TestOut and MS Press book for sources. They served me well for 70-270 & 70-290 so hopefully they'll do the job for this one as well.

Comments

• Options
    aquageekaquageek Member Posts: 152
    Sign up for Microsoft Second shot and they give you a voucher number. Use the voucher when you sign up for your exam.

I believe the process is if you fail, when you go to sign up again you apply the same voucher number and it effectively discounts the entire cost of the exam.

Good luck, the 291 book is quite good. (better than the 290 one) and the test out material really helped me.
    You are the systems administrator for a large enterprise that has decided to place computers in the lobby for access to public company information. On Tuesday morning Rooslan storms into your office screaming, "what the hell is this? In the last question I was the systems administrator. Now I am only a "Backup Operator"? This **** is crazy!"
  • Options
    snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You need to register for the 2nd shot voucher on the Microsoft site. Once you do that, they will provide you with the voucher number. When you call prometric or schedule the exam online they will ask you to provide the voucher number. Once you provide them with the voucher number MS gave you in the registration process you can purchase it like normal and schedule the exam. If you don't pass for any reason, you just provide the same voucher number and don't have to pay! Good luck!