Options

Network + OR A + hardware Tech course better?

Shaz444Shaz444 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am working towards becoming a network administrator track & I have MCSE already. But I would like to know which is better to attempt? A+ Hardware Tech OR Network + ? I am getting job interviews for A+ track but no luck in MCSE yet! They(human resources interviewers) say I should do the A+ but don't they know MCSE is higher in network related subjects.

Comments

• Options
    carboncopycarboncopy Member Posts: 259
    Shaz444 wrote: »
    They(human resources interviewers) say I should do the A+ but don't they know MCSE is higher in network related subjects.

Chances are that they don't.
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I would say A+ is more noticable. But really A+ is just silly after MCSE. Why is it that you think your MCSE isn't helping? Do you lack the experience to back it up?
    -Daniel
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Shaz444 wrote: »
    I am working towards becoming a network administrator track & I have MCSE already. But I would like to know which is better to attempt? A+ Hardware Tech OR Network + ? I am getting job interviews for A+ track but no luck in MCSE yet! They(human resources interviewers) say I should do the A+ but don't they know MCSE is higher in network related subjects.

If you have an MCSE, why are you looking at entry level jobs? Are you a paper MCSE?

If so, the get both A+ and NET+ and get some experience.

IF you are a real MCSE...ie. experience, time in the industry, some exam prep, but your knowledge is based on experience, then you should not have a problem getting a job as an MCSE.

If you don't have the experience, then you'll need to start at square one. There is no reason an HR person would skip over you unless you just don't have the skills/personality for the position.

I know and work with plenty of excellent technicians who are MCSE or no cert and should not bother with A+ nor NET+ because it just won't improve them...they should concentrate (and they do) on the certs that pertain to what they do and aim for higher level certs...going backwards is not wise.

FWIW
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?