Options

Little Advice Please

moe2810moe2810 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello Everyone
I currently have my A+, what would you recommend next, should I go for my MCP next or my N+?

Comments

• Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Network+ is a natural migration from A+. They're both entry-level certs.
    Also, you can use the combination of the two for the elective requirement on MCSA. I think that the study for Network+ will do well in giving you a good background in networking. And, if you're going to do much in IT, networking is a must. My A+ and Network+ certs together have helped me in getting work.

On the other hand, MCP is the beginning of M$-operating-sytem-specific certifications. Anywhere you work you will likely be using M$ OSs. So, even with MCP the A+ and Net+ studies will send you into the IT field with a good beginning. Actually, A+ and Network+, although they're said to not be vendor specific, really do concentrate on M$ operating systems.

I saw an ad for employment recently that required A+ certfication and stated that MCP would be a bonus. That's a new twist! A+ and MCP are the better-known certs.

But, when you're just beginning with certs, I know that it's difficult to make a decision. I assume that you may not have a lot of experience in holding a job in IT, but after some experience, the path that you want to follow will be more evident.

Best of luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would go to the N+. icon_cool.gif

Easy exam. icon_cool.gif
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...