Options

2 questions to ask you guys

itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
1. what good is a DMZ really?

2. How does my ASA protect me from spyware, antiviruses, and keyloggers. That is what my documentation says. But how?
and with the what updates??? does anone know. I bought my ASA 5505
from ebay it is new one but how does it work?

thanks dudes

roberticon_rolleyes.gif

Comments

• Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    itdaddy wrote: »
    1. what good is a DMZ really?
    You'd want to put public facing servers there. If somebody did manage to break into one of those servers then they'd only get access to the DMZ network.
    itdaddy wrote: »
    2. How does my ASA protect me from spyware, antiviruses, and keyloggers. That is what my documentation says. But how?
    and with the what updates??? does anone know. I bought my ASA 5505
    from ebay it is new one but how does it work?
    The ASA5505 doesn't. You need a ASA5510 or better and put a SSM into it. The ASA5505 does have a SSC slot but Cisco hasn't released anything that actually uses it. The AIP-SSM if you want IPS and the CSC-SSM if you want antispyware etc...
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Depending on how much work you want to put in you can improve the existing protection using Inspection policies, it only really scratches the surface though, as tiersten said you really need a dedicated IPS. You could always put Untangle inline with your ASA inside though, I'm planning to give that a go this weekend at home.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    1. thanks guys I just wanted a confirmation ;)
    2. thanks again about the IPS setup...

Untangle will have to look that up...thanks a lot guys
    icon_cool.gif