Options

Having To Clear Lines on AS

boostinbadgerboostinbadger Member Posts: 256
When switching between equipment on my AS I sometimes get connection refused by remote host. I thought this usually happens when the connection is already open then you would just enter the connection number, in this case the number "1". The only way I can get it to work again is to clear all the lines. I can switch between by just using the connection number a few times, then eventually it won't let me connect again until I clear the lines.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hi,

have you define your exec-timeout value?
    this link should provide you better config :
    Configuring and Managing External Modems
    on table 13.

HTH.
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.
  • Options
    I am constantly a victim of the simple things. I had exec-timeout 0 0 configured on all lines but the octal cable.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I am constantly a victim of the simple things. I had exec-timeout 0 0 configured on all lines but the octal cable.

But through your struggles you learn even better. When I was learning javascript, I got stuck on an error that I tried everything to fix. It turned out I wrote fuction instead of function. I spent all my time tweaking the code inside the function. I won't make that mistake again, and I bet you won't make this one again ;)
  • Options
    I am constantly a victim of the simple things.

small enough to put ourselves fall a sleep icon_lol.gif
    good for you then ;)

we are all learning from the smaller one right?
  • Options
    I guess...

I think it is funny I can configure EIGRP or OSPF and get it working across a hub and spoke frame relay network, but forget to set the exec-timeout 0 0 command on a flippin line :)

It is kinda like what I call over troubleshooting. You deal with so many different advanced problems working in IT that sometimes you forget to check the simple things. You are applying the knowledge you have learned from troubleshooting those big problems and forget to check if the cable is plugged in or something like that.
  • Options
    You deal with so many different advanced problems working in IT that sometimes you forget to check the simple things. You are applying the knowledge you have learned from troubleshooting those big problems and forget to check if the cable is plugged in or something like that.

you tell me icon_lol.gif
    it happens all the time to all of us ;)
  • Options
    LBC90805LBC90805 Member Posts: 247
    When switching between equipment on my AS I sometimes get connection refused by remote host. I thought this usually happens when the connection is already open then you would just enter the connection number, in this case the number "1". The only way I can get it to work again is to clear all the lines. I can switch between by just using the connection number a few times, then eventually it won't let me connect again until I clear the lines.

Any ideas?

That guy Jeremy from the ICND1 and ICND2 CBTNugget Videos had to do that several times when he was making the training videos.
  • Options
    hollow666hollow666 Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Don't feel bad I had the same problem a while ago too..... i got in the habit of just typing clear line # like 4 times before I even bothered to telnet :P I will say that having an access server has changed my life so nifty to not have to reach back behind my rack every 15 seconds I wish we had a couple in my datacenter at work