Options

Permissions

BulletToothTonyBulletToothTony Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
I understand that When a user has both User level permissions and Group level permissions, the most liberal are the ones that stick. I would just like to make sure I have this right: Say a user has full control, and is also in the "acme" group which has read, this means that the user still has full control because it is the most liberal of the two.

Now if we were talking Share vs NTFS: the most restrictive is the ones that apply. Example: user has full control on the share level, but the "acme" group has Read for NTFS permissions, the NTFS permissions would stick.

Sorry for the confusion, I know I know my permissions, I just think I often confuse myself sometimes, even when I am reading from a book.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    the way I do it is grant everyone full control to a share folder by share level and then within that shared folder apply NTFS permissions to folders for access control...Yes the most restrictive apply...
  • Options
    BulletToothTonyBulletToothTony Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks, thats how I set as well. I am just constructing my Prep Sheet for my 70-270 test and from there I am going to begin making my flash cards. I think the only reason why I feel hung about permissions right now, is because I heard from alot of people that MS loves to test on them.

Thanks again
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    No problem..Best of luck! :D