Options

Preparing for the ICND1...

CrazyHunterCrazyHunter Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,
I'm looking for a book that covers all the materials that I needed to pass the ICND1. And at the same time explains it the best easiest way.
What do you think would be better? Todd Lammle's ICND1 book or the Cisco Press Book ICND1 from Wendell Odom?
I also got the Cisco Discovery Course 4.0, would that be suited, or would it be better to buy one of the stated books above?

Thanks! =)

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    All three ;)

You'll rarely find a single source that covers the material adequately.

I used Train Signal, the Cisco Press book, Transcender, and real equipment.

Welcome to the forums!
  • Options
    myqctechmyqctech Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote: »
    You'll rarely find a single source that covers the material adequately.

I agree with dynamik, I used a single source for my CCENT, and I barely passed. I think it best to combine 3 sources.

Im using this method to prepare for the CCNA:

CBT Nuggets/Trainsignal Videos
    Exam Cram CCNA
    Cisco Press Lab Companions with my home lab

Ill let you know how it pans out ;)
  • Options
    CrazyHunterCrazyHunter Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your answers!

I think I don't got enough time to read all three or even two of the stated books. Since I'm taking the CISCO class in my school I can not schedule my exam when I want.... we are writing the ICND1 probably mid next month.

So which book should I read first, to get all the information "easily" explained to need to pass the exam. When I still got time, then I can read a other book.
    Which one would you suggest to read first?

Todd Lammle's ICND1 book or the Cisco Press Book ICND1 from Wendell Odom? Or even the Cisco Discovery Course 4.0?

*I already got the CBT Nuggets Videos*

Thanks allot!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'm looking for a book that covers all the materials that I needed to pass the ICND1. And at the same time explains it the best easiest way.
    Doesn't exist. The Odom books cover what you need to know. Todd's Sybex book(s) are the fun reads. That's why we usually recommend both.

If you're taking the Academy Courses, then.....

If you're getting an A in your courses, then the "fun read" Sybex book is probably the one book you can add to your studies to keep the information fresh in your mind for the certification exam.

If you're a B student, then you may want to read the Odom book to make sure you've got the material covered at a sufficient depth to pass the certification exam.

If you're a C student you'd probably need to cover both books to get your knowledge and skills where they need to be for the Certification exam.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!