Options

Drive Array Expansion Help

slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
I know this is simple if you have done it before, but I need a quick high level overview of how to do this. I need to add disk space to a logical volume on a Raid 5 array in a Compaq DL380, I have one disk bay free and no physical space free on the array.

So I assume I need to.

1. add another physical disk of the same size or greater (preferably same size speed manufacturer etc.)

2. How do I acclamaite the new physical drive to this array?

3. Use logical re-partitioning software to expand the logical volume.

Thanks in advance everyone, sry I haven't been around in a while, been job hunting, had to unlock a file for the cfo the other day and it was a layoff list with yours truly listed for the end of this month.

Thanks again.

Comments

• Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    slinuxuzer wrote: »
    I know this is simple if you have done it before, but I need a quick high level overview of how to do this. I need to add disk space to a logical volume on a Raid 5 array in a Compaq DL380, I have one disk bay free and no physical space free on the array.

So I assume I need to.

1. add another physical disk of the same size or greater (preferably same size speed manufacturer etc.)

2. How do I acclamaite the new physical drive to this array?

3. Use logical re-partitioning software to expand the logical volume.

Thanks in advance everyone, sry I haven't been around in a while, been job hunting, had to unlock a file for the cfo the other day and it was a layoff list with yours truly listed for the end of this month.

Thanks again.

IT Resource Center forums - Raid 5 on HP 370ML

As for Windows itself - no need for a software to re-partition .. You can expand a volume from within Windows using diskpart
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p