Anyone here managed ePO?

nevolvednevolved Member Posts: 131
I have just a couple questions if you don't mind:

Can you create an install for the managed clients with everything bundled together, where they will automatically check in with the console and become managed? (IE without having to search for their IP, or through AD)

Can you create an install for unmanaged clients that points them directly to McAfee for their updates?

Is the management of Linux clients as simple as the Windows clients?

What ports will need to be opened up on any ACLs?

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well I am embarrassed to say I took the ePO training about a year ago - but since it is not due to be deployed here until later this year I haven't kept up on any of it. Sorry I have no answers, but at least I will bump your post so maybe someone else will notice it.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • matts5074matts5074 Member Posts: 148
    I've worked a little bit in ePO 4.0, all just by getting into it and doing it. Like anything the best suggestion is to get some systems to test it on.

I'll address your questions the best I can with my limited experience.

Can you create an install for the managed clients with everything bundled together, where they will automatically check in with the console and become managed? (IE without having to search for their IP, or through AD)

You can create a downloadable package and then install it on the client manually, is that what you are asking?

Can you create an install for unmanaged clients that points them directly to McAfee for their updates?

You can set policies to control where the client looks for updates, the default is your repository and if that isn't available it will go out to McAfee. You can also modify the order in which it checks in the policy on each system.

Is the management of Linux clients as simple as the Windows clients?

No idea, we don't have any Linux clients.

What ports will need to be opened up on any ACLs?

The ports are configured when you install ePO. I think the default for the server is 8443 and 8081 for the clients.
  • cbigbrickcbigbrick Member Posts: 284
    And in conclusion your point was.....???

Don't get so upset...it's just ones and zeros.