Options

How much Frame Relay in ICND1?

petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
How thoroughly should I study Frame Relay for ICND1?

I know the exam covers it. . . rumor is 3-5 questions. . . but how far in depth? An example: I realize for the CCNA/ICND2 you need to know all of the related SHOW commands, but how deep does CCENT get into configuration/troubleshooting?
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
--Will Rogers

Comments

• Options
    NeekoNeeko Member Posts: 170
    petedude wrote: »
    How thoroughly should I study Frame Relay for ICND1?

I know the exam covers it. . . rumor is 3-5 questions. . . but how far in depth? An example: I realize for the CCNA/ICND2 you need to know all of the related SHOW commands, but how deep does CCENT get into configuration/troubleshooting?

Based on what's in the Exam Guides by Odom, I should hope nothing but theory is icon_neutral.gif
  • Options
    surfthegeckosurfthegecko Member Posts: 149
    Almost none in the ICND1.
    The official Cisco press book had a couple of pages on it, and basically mentioned it was used within WAN environments

I did get 1 question in my exam, not sure im allowed to say on these boards what it actually asked but it wasnt anything overly complex.

I would like to say dont spend more than 10 mins on the basics of it, but if I do you can bet your &ss you will get a question in the exam on it.
  • Options
    luke_bibbyluke_bibby Member Posts: 162
    Can't remember there being very much on FR when I was studying for CCENT using Odom's ICND1 and Lammle's CCENT book. DLCIs and PVCs were mentioned.

ICND2 on the other hand has lots on FR :D