Options

passed 290! 748 but hey its a pass!

drewkegdrewkeg Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey everyone, i should introduce myself. I've been lurking around the forums and the site for a couple months. I found it while prepping for the 270 exam. I currently attend a microsoft computer school using my time in unemployment to invest in myself. Along with school I search around to find other resources to gain a wider scope of knowledge and opinions. The way the school is set up is you have to score over 90% twice using the Measure Up testing engine in 'certification mode' before receiving a test voucher. Anyway, I passed my 270 exam March 12. And yesterday passed my 290. I didn't have an easy time with the testing center's computer. Once I finished the exam and ended my review, then chose not to comment, the computer went right back to my log on screen! No score was shown to me. Not only was I afraid I would have to take the test again, but I was afraid even if I didn't, how would they get my score, or even know I took it! The moderator called Prometric and was given a ticket # for me to use to call and verify my email for them to email me the result. I called and was informed it would take at least 24 hours for it to post and they would have to mail me the notorized print out of my score. Great...just what I wanted to happen. So did I pass?? WTF. So happens that a few hours later, a guy from the testing center was nice enough to call me and tell me my score. He was able to retrieve it while fixing whatever problem they were having (same thing happened the day prior also). I was so relieved, and oh, in case your wondering, I still have not received the email yet, so I am extra glad that dude called me. I am so happy I passed. Now on the readying for the 291.
I was very suprised at the question format of the 290. From practicing with the Measure Up and Transcender, I was prepared for these grandiose, story based questions. On the contrary, they were not like that, but by all means not easy, and some very tricky. Only 4 simulations and all in the last 10 questions, the rest were single answer multiple choice. There were 44 in all.(apologize if that info is too sensitive)
Sorry for the long post, usually I'm not so long winded. Thank you for a great site and all the members seem super cool, patient, and helpful. I will be moving on to the 291 forums!
I also start SQL next week, so I'll be kind of juggling between the two.

Have Triplets, Need Beer

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Welcome to the forums, and congratulations on the pass. icon_thumright.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    desertmousedesertmouse Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass! I too have had problems with the testing center computers. I switched testing centers and was amazed! Apparently I had been going to the ghetto rigged old school testing center with 1Ghz P4's and slow internet. Never again!
  • Options
    gravyjoegravyjoe Member Posts: 260
    Congratulations on the pass. When I took the 70-290, I found the sims to be much easier than what I thought they would be.

Once again... congrats!!
    The biggest risk in life is not taking one.
  • Options
    Big JizayBig Jizay Member Posts: 269
    gravyjoe wrote: »
    Congratulations on the pass. When I took the 70-290, I found the sims to be much easier than what I thought they would be.

Once again... congrats!!

I agree. The sims were really easy on the 290, if you've done those things before.
    The only thing that can stop you is you

Currently studying for 70-293
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats and welcome to the forum
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.