Options

Interesting weekend, but it was a good Friday.

miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
I live in Murfreesboro, TN and had severe storms in Friday afternoon. Although it is common to have severe storms, we have never been personally impacted. My wife and I were both working, ( I out of the area) when a tornado hit Murfreesboro. My three daughters were home alone when as the storm approached, I was able to reach them and tell them the to seek shelter in our innermost room. The tornado actually struck the street we live (a residential street) and 4 houses down, the houses were damaged/destoyed as it passed on a 15 mile path through the city. We appear to have escaped completely and have no visible signs of damage. So all in all it was a GOOD FRIDAY!icon_cheers.gif

Attached are pictures taken by my daughter after the storm..

Murfreesboro Tornados
I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
Page Count total to date - 1283

Comments

• Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Very close call. Glad you guys made it out OK. Looks bad for the others. You have a lot to be thankful for!
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    OMG, that's horrible. I'm glad you and your family were OK though.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    miller811 wrote: »
    So all in all it was a GOOD FRIDAY!icon_cheers.gif

I SEE THE PUN icon_cyclops_ani.gif

Seriously though, I'm glad everything and everyone is alright. That sort of thing is sort of exciting and interesting when nothing catastrophic takes place (at least to you icon_lol.gif).
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Thank God everyone's OK. My wife has family nearby, and they're all accounted for.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    My daughter just moved to Clarksville a few weeks ago, and she and my 3 yr old grandson took cover soon as the sirens went off. they had some wind damage at their apt, but otherwise else a-ok. Glad your home and family were missed by mother nature.