Options

Trouble with Office 2007 installation

motherwolfmotherwolf Member Posts: 117
Hey everyone,

I was tasked with upgrading a user's Powerpoint from '03 to '07 but before doing so I decided to clean the CPU fan as it was pretty dirty and the PC sounded like it was being taxed a bit. I cleaned it out and put it back in securing it to the Mobo but unbeknownst to me I forgot to plug in the power connector. I was BS'ing with the user while I was doing this and that's when I stopped paying attention to what I was doing. So I began the installation and about 1/4 of the way through it the PC shuts off. I opened it back up to discover I had forgotten to fasten the CPU fan power connector, S**t! I didn't really think anything of it at the time but now I cannot install Powerpoint '07 for the user. The installation errors out saying something like 'Office setup has encountered an error' and that's it. I've tried upgading the entire suite to '07 and that didn't work. I tried uninstalling '03 first and then installing '07 and that didn't work. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm at my wits end. Thanks for any solutions.

Comments