Options

passed n+ today

xwesleyxwillisxxwesleyxwillisx Member Posts: 158
passed today... 793... although i must say several parts of the test i felt were truely BAD questions... i had a graphic of 4 connectors... and told me to pick the SC... it was the ugliest looking picture and NONE of them looked like an SC connector... there was a distinct push style ST connector but nothing resembling an SC....

also... the test contained only ONE question with regards to IP addressing... yet i had 5-6 questions on DSL alone... i realize the test questions are probably randomly generated... but it seems odd to think DSL would carry more weight... especially since that is more of a household type technology similar to cable

i also thought it was strange that out of all the network protocols... i had the most questions about NetBEUI... nothing on Appletalk... a hint of IPX/SPX... and moderate of TCP/IP (but only one on ip addressing... probably one of the more detailed topics)

well anyways... i guess Network+ is more of the Fact-oriented certification than a concept oriented one... next up is A+ core and OS

seems like a lot of people have passed n+ lately, no?

Comments

• Options
    mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    Good job on passing! Thats weird about all those DSL questions. I had like 7 DHCP questions...so its all just randomly picked. But hey you passed so thats all that matters.
  • Options
    xwesleyxwillisxxwesleyxwillisx Member Posts: 158
    hey thanks... its always good to feel you accomplished something... i'm gonna be a senior in high school and i've been looking at colleges... nothing seems to stand out as a good CIS school... i live in virginia... a couple of schools offer it here... but none seem to stand out... i know you're in pittsburgh but any recommendations?

thx... and congrats w/ your n+ icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    In pittsburgh:

1. CMU
    2. Pitt

Congrats on the pass. I also got hit with a number of DSL questions. Sounds like the test hasn't changed much in a year.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    Robert Morris University
    Thats the direction i am headed. I went to a community College my first 2 years to save money now i am starting Robert Morris this fall 2004 to finish it up. They have a great CIS program. They will also transfer Net+ and A+ as credits. Good luck!
  • Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Congrats icon_thumright.gif
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    henkkhenkk Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!

I remember questions that involved DSL in my exam, but can't remember them specifically being about DSL. Rather, more general scenario questions involving a home network and trying to spot where a problem was occuring: for e.g. is the problem with the exchange or with the DSL modem.

Henk
    great spirits often encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds - albert einstein