Options

Difference between A+ and 70-210

sammy87sammy87 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just passed my A+ exam and i am now working on 70-210. How are the MCP exam questions compared to that of the A+? The A+ questions were relatively short. I've heard that the 70-210 questions and answers tend to be long. Plus if anyone was any tips on certain areas to cover that someone might not use on a day to day basis but are on the exam it would be helpful.

Comments

• Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The Microsoft exams are scenario based and are completely different to A+. I suggest that you research the following site.

http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/training/find/default.asp
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Indeed scenario based and yes they are longer, not as long as the 70-270 XP pro exam though icon_wink.gif

As for the topics that are on the exam: www.microsoft.com/traincert/exams/70-210.asp
  • Options
    CrossCross Member Posts: 234
    Sammy both exams are different in their own worlds. Pick up the MS Press Kit book from any store or try bookpool.com They have good deals most of the time.
    And like the webmaster mentioned. Read the specifics behind MS and its own world
    I'll change highways at the crossroads, I'm going only where I desire.

http://www.darkroads.com
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    so, 210 questions are more like the scenario questions from network+?
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Yes, closely similar, but the 70-210's are longer... although most information in it is obsolete. With MS exams I always read the answers and the last sentence in the questions first, so I know what I will be looking for when I go through all the text.
    The answers are usually also longer than with Net+ (/comptia) questions and sometimes contain a bunch of names of windows, tabs menu options and buttons...
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    Webmaster wrote:
    Yes, closely similar, but the 70-210's are longer... although most information in it is obsolete. With MS exams I always read the answers and the last sentence in the questions first, so I know what I will be looking for when I go through all the text.

transcender was like that for network+.
    A+ Moderator