Options

What job was that again???

Tin_ManTin_Man Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
Has this happen to anyone else or is just me?

Been applying to some jobs lately, through careerbuilder,dice,monster,workopolis. I received an email today asking me to come in for a skills test on Friday icon_cheers.gif. However I don't remember the company I applied to!! icon_redface.gif Now when I get home I've got to go through my emails and track down the company and go over the responsibilities.

I know its bad on my part, I should be keeping track of the jobs I apply too. Lesson learned
WIP: 70-647 (5%)

Comments

• Options
    LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    It happens. I get literally a dozen or more e-mails a day from job board contacts. Maybe 2 of these are worth responding to, so it gets tough to sort through.

Keep a separate e-mail folder named "Job Leads" or something and delete the rest, that is what I did.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    For every phone or in-person interview I have I'll make a Post-It note on my (real) desktop with the contact information and job particulars. Most never come to anything, but the extra organization has saved me some embarrassment. The only time it couldn't help was when I was dealing with two different recruiters with the same-sounding name (Aaron and Erin) and I kept crisscrossing my conversations with them. icon_redface.gif