Options

Tue April 21st, the day I PASSED MY CCNA!!!

godofthunder9010godofthunder9010 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
It was the ugliest brain-cram I've ever done. It wasn't pretty. There are exam questions and labs that have me thinking to myself, "Why didn't that work?" or "Why didn't I know that?" I got to the end of the test and thought to myself, "Crap, I think I just barely missed passing AGAIN!" (First ever try and most recent attempt was 790 last month.)

Went over to the test center guy and got the score sheet. 832/1000. icon_cheers.gif

I'm so excited! I have the first step in the pathway to certifications nobody I know (outside of work) has ever heard of!! My father never heard of it. My brother never heard of it. My mother isn't really sure what to think of it, and also never heard of it. My brother never heard of it. My sister's husband is a super-geek so I told her to ask her husband about it. My wife only knew about the CCNA because she saw how hard I was studying and her Dad works in the same Network Operation Center as me. I'm UBER EXCITED, but I gotta laugh at how absolutely NOBODY has any concept of what I've accomplished. So now I must post here where my CCNA might not be met with blank stares and mumbled uncertain words of congratulations. icon_lol.gif

Okay, one thing that I can promise everyone they will see a ton of on the test: Whatever you studied least. Promise! icon_razz.gif The test has magical imps that sneak into your brain and find out where you are weakest. Then they assign you a test that has a ton of that on it.

Comments

• Options
    giggig Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_cheers.gif

Enjoy your celebration drunken_smilie.gif
    So now I must post here where my CCNA might not be met with blank stares and mumbled uncertain words of congratulations.
    Yeah, but you will get a few "what's next?" and maybe a reminder to update your profile certification list icon_lol.gif

And remember -- the harder the Exam or Certification, the longer the Celebration!
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm so excited! I have the first step in the pathway to certifications nobody I know (outside of work) has ever heard of!!

It happens. I think in 5 years of doing this job in 2 countries, and several states, I've only had a handful of people say "oh, you're cisco certified?". I hadn't heard a word for almost a year, until recently a guy I work with who is studying ICND commented on my R&S book. There's not many out there but those in the field (like a lot of people on these boards) recognize your achievement. That being said, congrats! BTW, what's next for you?
  • Options
    godofthunder9010godofthunder9010 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think I'll seriously consider CCNP in the foreseeable future, but not right yet. They need Unix guys at the NOC, so I think I'll aim for a Solaris Cert. I really like Unix, I just don't get to play with it at any great depth on really big networks with all their fancy toys. So I think I shall begin pestering the Unix guys at work for so hands on training.

I did have one bit of fun with it the CCNA exam. After I found out I passed, I put on my best "kicked puppy" tone of voice, called up my wife and told her I failed it -- AGAIN! She was very sad for me. So I drove over to her parents house where she was. I handed the score sheet to her to show her where I struggled the most by category. She asked, "Wait, how many points do you need to pass?" asked she. "825." said I. "I can't believe you!!" said she. Not bad for a late April Fools joke, eh?
  • Options
    luke_bibbyluke_bibby Member Posts: 162
    Congrats :D Materials used?
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Good job icon_thumright.gif
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    blackninjablackninja Member Posts: 385
    Congats, there is no better feeling in the world - well maybe landing a killer job?
    Currently studying:
    CCIE R&S - using INE workbooks & videos

Currently reading:
    Everything. Twice ;)
  • Options
    brianglbriangl Member Posts: 184 ■■■□□□□□□□
    icon_thumright.gif Congratulations! It is a good feeling.
  • Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    Okay, one thing that I can promise everyone they will see a ton of on the test: Whatever you studied least. Promise! icon_razz.gif The test has magical imps that sneak into your brain and find out where you are weakest. Then they assign you a test that has a ton of that on it.

I hate those darn imps! crash.gif

Congrats on the pass! icon_thumright.gif

And like Mike bowing.gif says, serious drunken_smilie.gif is in order!
  • Options
    ElvisGElvisG Member Posts: 167
    blackninja wrote: »
    Congats, there is no better feeling in the world - well maybe, 2 chicks at the same time?

I corrected you.
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    congratz! icon_cheers.gif
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    I'm UBER EXCITED, but I gotta laugh at how absolutely NOBODY has any concept of what I've accomplished. So now I must post here where my CCNA might not be met with blank stares and mumbled uncertain words of congratulations. icon_lol.gif

It's funny-- after having been MS and Novell certified for a number of years, my in-laws have continued to tell my wife that I know nothing about networks because I'm not Cisco certified. :D Now that I have my CCENT, maybe that'll quiet them down for a bit.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • Options
    OmishanOmishan Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Congratulations! icon_cheers.gif

And remember -- the harder the Exam or Certification, the longer the Celebration!

so how would one celebrate their CCIE? Week in vegas?icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    BroadcastStormBroadcastStorm Member Posts: 496
    Congrats man ;) you must be so happy...
  • Options
    incasminincasmin Banned Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!

Please let us know how hard were the questions?
    Where they more from semester 2,3,4 or 1?

Thanks!
  • Options
    Tommy2727Tommy2727 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    How long did you actually study? months, weeks, years...... what was your most useful resource? .. I have a lot of material but its every where.... Congrats again, it will definitely make a difference in the long run.... cheers...
    Practice, Practice, and more Practice make Perfection.....
  • Options
    closetgeekclosetgeek Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats I know how hard you studied for the test because I'm doing the same thing. I'm scheduled to take mine on May 8, any advice.....icon_rolleyes.gif
    Life is an enigma so lets figure it out....
  • Options
    mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The test has magical imps that sneak into your brain and find out where you are weakest. Then they assign you a test that has a ton of that on it.

Final Fantasy doesn't count as study material, honest! :P Haha... Congrats! :)