Options

Storm Control

boostinbadgerboostinbadger Member Posts: 256
We run ROAS here at work, each building is it's own vlan. Some smaller facilities that share the same geographic area share a vlan. One of our most problematic vlans shares it's segment with a building that uses a Windows network. We are primarily a Netware environment. That building is located on the back end of the LAN segment for this particular vlan. We don't support this particular location, only provide the network medium for access. There are a large number of broadcasts coming from this building including but not limited to NetBIOS. Paralyzing loopbacks are not uncommon due to no STP running on non-Cisco managed switches either (the cabling is very bad at this location as well). We configured storm control on the switch that this building connects to so that when this location explodes, it doesn't effect the rest of the network.

My question is, what is a suitable pps coming across this gig interface uplink before storm control should be implemented?

I don't know how many times I had to ask the engineers to clear the err-disable the past couple days.