Options

Advice on taking the Net+ exam

brennanbrennan Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Greeting,
I'm new to the Network world and would like some advice on how to study or retain information for the net+ exam. I took the exam about 3 weeks ago and failed by 3 questions. My trouble is the scenario questions-I find them long to read and therefore making it difficult to understand.
Any advice?

Comments

• Options
    xwesleyxwillisxxwesleyxwillisx Member Posts: 158
    well first of all... how did you study for the test before? read a book? take any practice tests? use this website? i strongly recommend all three... if you take the practice tests you are likely to run into some of the same questions later! this website is also great for a different point of view on the crucial subjects icon_wink.gif

its necessary to have a wide variety of study methods... i myself made some flashcards of the well known ports, the connection methods, and 802 standards... as for the troubleshooting questions... its important to pay attention to the details... try and pick it apart... look for the exact problem and (usually the easiest) solution to fix it... in general its bad to be too hastey with replacing a nic or switch (until you know for sure its a lost cause)... look for easier solutions such as TCP/IP settings... user priviledges... cables... etc... figure out what is causing all the trouble

good luck to you next time!
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Study a bit more, know your basics like ports, OSI(like the back of your hand), protocols, etc. For those tricky scenario questions, this is my approach :
    1:Read question
    2:Break question down i.e.- what equipment and software is running?
    3:What is the problem i.e.-What is or isn't happening that should, or shouldn't be?
    4:What could solve problem i.e.-ALL possible solutions
    5:Apply all answers to questions
    6:Choose best answer that suits the "company"

good luck
    i remain, he who remains to be....