Got my first contract since getting certified

MidLiveUpgradeMidLiveUpgrade Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just a small one, only 10 hours work, but it is a start and gets my foot in the door.

The consultanting company that asked me to come in the and chat the other day has a project that needs to be completed asap and brought me on board to just finished off a couple of reports using the ASP.NET ReportViewer control and Report template.

Dave.

Comments

• MidLiveUpgradeMidLiveUpgrade Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Client liked the work I did and gave me another small project, this one for 12 hours, which gets my foot in a little further.
  • goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    This is the way that careers start. Congrats
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP
  • MidLiveUpgradeMidLiveUpgrade Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Another quick update.

The second contract got extended to steady work over the last few weeks ... almost coming to and end, but they want me to block off two days a week for continued work.

I must have done a good job as they also asked me to work on a access 2003 to access 2007 conversion project (not aps.net, but I did do a lot of access work at one time) ... they also increased the rate to $50 an hour.

On another note I attended a .net users group and hooked up with some who was looking for some one to help out with some asp.net web apps and reporting services. I had a 3 hour meeting with the person today and it appears he is ready to take me on to do loads of work.

The doors appear to be opening up.

dave.
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Nice, Dave! Do you have a regular 40 hr gig or are you just consulting?