ICND1 Tomorrow 14:00/2:00pm CET

mindf0lmindf0l Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Some final words before trying out for the exam?
Some final tips?

I've studied as much as I could the last week and I've prepared for the exam with several things like books from ciscopress, CBT nuggets from Chris and Jeremy. I have also done alot of subnetting from several diffrent places like subnettingquestions.com and I feel quite ready (it's too late anyway! :D)

Wish me goodluck and I'll be nervous as a little girl tomorrow at the exam :)

Comments

• captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    Don't sweat it. If you can subnet you'll be fine.

Just watch your time.

Good luck. icon_thumright.gif
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck! icon_thumright.gif

Don't spend more than 10 minutes on a SIM. You do get partial credit, but if you haven't gotten it in 10 minutes, you probably never will and all you're doing is taking time away from the "easy" multiple choice questions.

There may also be some ungraded questions on the exam, so if something is funky (and it's not just the test center monitor messing up) use the Comment option, hope it's an ungraded question, give it your best shot, and move on.

Make sure you read the question, all the answers, and then read the question again. Sometimes if you don't read a question carefully you miss a word or two and select the "right answer to the wrong question."

Remember that when you hit the next button the question is gone forever -- Cisco exams do not have a Mark and Review option like some other certification vendors. Don't blow through an "are you sure" prompt if you've only answered one question on a SIMLET type question.

Check out the CCNA FAQ sticky in the CCNA Forum. The Link to the Cisco NDA which you get to read before the exam is in there. If you read it tonight you can use that time before the exam to jot down some notes or your emergency subnetting chart on your dry erase marker sheet.

The link to the Cisco Exam Demo is also in the FAQ. If you look at it tonight you can either use that time tomorrow to jot down notes, or you can start the test that much sooner. Either way it's nice to have an idea about the different question types you may see on the exam.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • GlynixxGlynixx Member Posts: 138
    Good luck!

Did you do some practice questions from the cisco press book? If so, you should be pretty well prepared.

Best Wishes!
    Check out www.manager-tools.com for some great management training for free!
  • mindf0lmindf0l Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys :)

I will try to take up all of your advice even if I knew the most of em'.

Thanks alot!