Options

Anyone sitting this exam this week?

I'm up this coming Friday, May 1st. :)

Just finished up CA's & PKI tonight. Really some pretty cool stuff.

Tomorrow night I'll be going over Clustering/NLB and then on Thursday I'll review. I won't be 100% finished with what I wanted to study before the test but since I got the 2nd shot, I figure I'll go ahead and take a crack at it. :)

So far this has been my favorite exam to study for and I think it has a lot to do with the fact that all the concepts/skills are starting to come together in my mind.

So anyone else taking a shot soon?
1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012

Comments

• Options
    Big JizayBig Jizay Member Posts: 269
    I wish I was taking the test soon. I took about 3 weeks off after reading the whole MS press book, which doesn't make sense for me to do icon_lol.gif. I just got burned out, but now I'm back studying. Good luck on the test Gen. Do you have any notes handy that you can share?
    The only thing that can stop you is you

Currently studying for 70-293
  • Options
    genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    Funny you say that cuz I went through the same funk last week. I thought the material was interesting but just couldn't motivate myself to study more than the 6-8 hrs that I did last week.

I like this exam material but truth be told, I'm ready to move on to Active Directory and Exchange after that. :)

As far as notes, not really. It's not how I study. I watch the CBT videos to get an intro to the material, then I read/absorb the chapters in my Sybex book to really get a good grasp of the material.

I know I should take notes as it would help me retain the information long term but as it stands I don't really forget much. My brain is made for book study I guess. After I absorb it I do it and then I know I got it for good.

I will say that when it came to PKI, the Passport analogy worked well for me to grasp it. Essentially, the country of Japan will trust that you are who you say you are because your passport represents a trusted relationship to the 'Root' of your country.

IPSec is easy now that I got the Main mode vs. Quick mode differences now. And I understand when you would Tunnel vs. not Tunnel.

Still studying Clustering/NLB right now but it doesn't seem to bad so far. :)

How are things going with your studies?
    1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012
  • Options
    Big JizayBig Jizay Member Posts: 269
    Well, I'm at the point where I understand most or all of the subjects required for 70-293. I'm in the memorization phase now. Basically stats, commands, and numbers, the stuff that you can't make sense of. Either you know it or you don't icon_lol.gif All and all I feel that my studies are going well.

I'm not really the "jot down notes" type either. I like reading notes, but not making my own icon_lol.gif. Reading the MS Press/Sybex books and using resources from the internet hasn't failed me yet. Let us know how you do on the test and good luck icon_smile.gif
    The only thing that can stop you is you

Currently studying for 70-293