Options

MCSA complete

raskaliraskali Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
Finally had the guts to take on the beast and prevailed. It wasnt as bad as thought it was going to be, i guess MS must have changed/revised the test,

Anyway iam contemplating whether to take 293 & 294 to acheive the MCSE or rather do the upgrade to EA. What will u guys advice to be the best route to go? I know the MCSE is still highly recognized as compared to the EA so iam a little distrauted as to how to procede. Any advise will be highly welcomed..................

JAH BLESS

Comments

• Options
    PaperclipPaperclip Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Did you take Vista or XP for the client?

MCSA -> MCITP: EA = 4 exams, or 3 if you already did Vista.

MCSA -> MCSE 2003 -> MCITP: EA = 2 exams to finish MCSE, then 3 exams to upgrade to MCITP: EA or 2 if you already did Vista.

So, it looks like you could save yourself one whole exam by going straight into MCITP: EA.

On the other hand, plenty of places are still 2003 Server shops, and may value the MCSE 2003. It's almost six of one half dozen of the other, except for that. So if you aren't too concerned with sitting one more exam than otherwise, I'd go the MCSE 2003 route. Especially since you'd be looking at a more recognized cert in 2 more exams total instead of 3, if that makes a difference.

All up to you and your mileage may vary. Congrats on the MCSA and glad to hear the 291 wasn't so bad (I'm going to be taking it in probably a month or so...)
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Wrap up the MCSE, no question (although you will need 297 or 298 as well if you haven't already taken one).

Congratulations!
  • Options
    raskaliraskali Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i guess thats the route iam going to go then.......I have 293, 294 and one design exam left so it shouldnt be too bad, is there any one of these exams i need to weary off? I seem to have had a handle on all the rest so far so i dont want to get caught off gaurd