Options

71-680 WAIK Video Tutorial (in Spanish)

RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
This is a really nice video and even if you do not understand Spanish it might be nice to watch.

http://mschnlnine.vo.llnwd.net/d1/edge/7/4/6/2/autounattendESP_2MB_edge.wmv

Does any body have anything nice for the Windows 7 WAIK? The documentation provided by MS just makes me want to go back to bed and never WAIK up. icon_wink.gif

Comments

• Options
    JordusJordus Banned Posts: 336
    The issue i have is that they deprecated a lot of the older tools (peimg, drvload, etc) and combined all that functionality into one tool, DISM.

Sounds more simple, but its not. The commands are now massive because you have to use so many switches.

There is a pile of additional functionality in DISM, but the commands are a pain. icon_sad.gif

I'll get used to it, i suppose.
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Jordus wrote: »
    The issue i have is that they deprecated a lot of the older tools (peimg, drvload, etc) and combined all that functionality into one tool, DISM.

Sounds more simple, but its not. The commands are now massive because you have to use so many switches.

There is a pile of additional functionality in DISM, but the commands are a pain. icon_sad.gif

I'll get used to it, i suppose.

I don't think that is just a complaint to level at the depoyement tools. So many of the commad line tools in the 2008 products are just getting massive. I appriciate the extended functionality biut syntax like this...

TOOL /DoYouRememberTheSwitches /PleaseLookAtMSDNArticle /PrayThisWorks

... is just stupid.