Options

ISIS IPv6 default routes

zrchengzrcheng Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
In JNCIE book page 583, for the IPv6 in ISIS environment, said L1/2 router R3 can not generate default route for L1 router R1, but on my Olive, I can see the default route on the R1 and R2.
Is it because of the version difference? I am using 7.2.

thanks

Comments

• Options
    rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hi cheng,
    In JNCIE book page 583, for the IPv6 in ISIS environment, said L1/2 router R3 can not generate default route for L1 router R1

i dont see that line anywhere in the page?
    i do read that you do need to advertise a default route for L1 router for a full connectivity with optimal path.

so, yes - you can see default route on r1 and r2 as stated on page 584.

HTH.
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.
  • Options
    sorry my bad, its in Page 581:

However, you need to define and redistribute IPv6 static default routes into the Level 1 area from the attached routers (r3 and r4) to meet the connectivity requirements posed. A static (or generated) IPv6 default route is necessary because the JUNOS software version deployed in the IPv6 test bed does not automatically install an IPv6 default route based on the setting of the attached bit.

In my case, the R3/R4 router auto-generate the IPv6 default route to R1/R2, same as in IPv4 world.
  • Options
    rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hi,

yup, page 581 it is.
    Mr. Reynolds said somewhere on different forum - the Study Guide-series book was written based on 5.something version, so - yes, you were right, maybe it is junos version thing.

cant help you much further on ipv6 ISIS - i'd just deleted my routing lab for VRRP study, and you know what? i cant do logical-router under junos 8.0 using o***e. so, the same goes with it :)

hey, when will you planning for the IE? aldur he's on June, and you? San Jose or RTP?

good luck with lab ;)
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.
  • Options
    I will lab in Herndon in Aug. the seats gone very fast.