Is Boson Netsim worth it?

LongbowLongbow Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum. I've been reading your posts for a few weeks, it seems you have a great thing going here.

I started studying for the MCSE a year or so ago. Finally earned it a few weeks ago. I thought it was tough. Then I took the CCNA 640-801 (I've been preparing for it since April). This test was just plain mean! I've been using the Sybex Study Guide 4th addition and Richard Deals book published by McGraw Hill. Anyway, I "Did Not Pass, Please Try Again" or, in other words - I failed. (Rats!)

I found that I seemed to know the matterial to a good degree, but I couln't answer the questions quickly enouph. I got choked for time at the end.

I'm thinking I need some practical hands-on experience and I'm looking at the Boson Netsim software. It's expensive. Does anyone have an opinion about this?

Comments

• Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    If you do not have equipment to practice w/, the Boson NetSim is good for the CCNA. Anything past that, you really need to be on the equipment.
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA