Options

Has anyone taken 71-680 yet?

2»

Comments

• Options
    JordusJordus Banned Posts: 336
    I keep thinking that the new features of the OS as well as one of the installation/migration parts tanked my arse for sure.

I cant wait to get the results.

Unfortunately, because people cried, they released FOUR times as many keys as they usually do for a beta. We can probably expect a delay in processing.
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Slowhand, You are actually right, not even one 'Contoso' question :p

Over all I think it was a good exam, even though I might not pass it :D

But I agree with Jordus, it will take a WHILE until we receive the results :S
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    I took mine this morning...75 questions just like everyone else, and I had to mark more than half of them for review as I went through the test on my first round. I'm not very confident that I did well - I have no imaging/deployment experience. And I tried to install DISM tools, etc. on my virtual install this weekend and I was getting blue screens (!), so I gave up on the hands on practice aspect for deployment & imaging.

Honestly, if I had some more (or any, really) imaging & deployment experience, I think I would feel more confident that I passed. I was able to manage a good chunk of the remaining questions OK (although some network config stuff & IPv6 stuff threw me for a bit of a loop). I'm not really sure, but I am leaning more towards thinking that I didn't pass.

Oh well. At the very least, I got a sneak peek at the exam, got to participate in a beta, lost no money in the process (only lots of sleep!) and I have a bit of a leg up for a retake when this one finally goes live.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Jordus wrote: »
    Unfortunately, because people cried, they released FOUR times as many keys as they usually do for a beta. We can probably expect a delay in processing.

I'm pretty sure all the statistical work is automated and the people responsible for this exam just look for trends. Aside from a few extra CPU cycles, I wouldn't think more people would create any significant delay. It may even expedite things since they have a better sample and will be able to come to conclusions quicker.
  • Options
    JordusJordus Banned Posts: 336
    dynamik wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure all the statistical work is automated and the people responsible for this exam just look for trends. Aside from a few extra CPU cycles, I wouldn't think more people would create any significant delay. It may even expedite things since they have a better sample and will be able to come to conclusions quicker.

The guy that runs the beta announcement blog said himself that they are worried that they wont be able to process all the beta data before they are supposed to have the exam finished and released.

Perhaps it was conjecture. All i know is i would like my results sooner than later. :D
  • Options
    colebertcolebert Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote: »

I've been to Redmond (on their dime) to work on a beta test with them. They do alot of work after all the data comes in. I met a few of the people who do this and I can assure you that it's not all computers doing the work. They have highly educated psycho-metriticans that go over the data and questions.