Options

Wrong question

slyboyslyboy Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Greetings all.

In the below question the system counted my answer as wrong:

You are the administrator at a small network environment with 8 Windows XP clients in a workgroup. You want to create a shared folder located on a FAT32 volume on one of the clients and use share permissions to protect it. When you open the Properties sheet of the folder you are about to share, you notice you are able to share the folder but there is not an option to assign share permissions to individual groups and users. What should you do?

---

I have answered that, for those options I must upgrade from FAT32 to NTFS. Because FAT32 doesnt have security features. But system tells me that correct answer is :

Disable the Use simple file sharing option in Folder Options.

As I know its not possible to use security features if you are using FAT32 file system.

Anybody explain me, how, why system answer vise-versa ?

Thank you
Hijran.

Comments

• Options
    Big JizayBig Jizay Member Posts: 269
    On a FAT32 partition, you CAN use shared folder permissions, but you can't use NTFS permissions, or NTFS period for that matter. The "Disable the Use simple file sharing option in Folder Options" is correct. If you have simple file sharing enabled, you cannot use share permissions.
    The only thing that can stop you is you

Currently studying for 70-293
  • Options
    slyboyslyboy Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you Big Jizay. I thought ACL (access list) is something that is only in NTFS.

Sincerely, yours
    Hijran