Options

Interesting Question

BherminghausBherminghaus Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]You are the adminstrator at a small company running Windows 2003 servers and Windows XP clients. You have created and shared a new printer on one of the Windows XP clients. You want to assign permissions so only users from the Sales group can print and manage their own documents. You want Jacob to be able to manages all print jobs. Which of the following tasks should you perform? (Choose all the apply.)

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=-1]a. Deny all print permissions to the Everyone group.[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]b. Remove the Everyone group from the list.(Right)[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]c. Add Jacob and assign the user Allow Manage Documents permissions.[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]d. Add Jacob and assign the user Allow Manage Printers permissions.(right)[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]e. Add the Sales group and allow it Print permissions.(they said right, but wrong?)[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]f. Add the Sales group and allow it Manage Documents permissions.[/SIZE]

The questions that in end with parenthesis are the ones that the practice test marked as the right answer. HOWEVER, if you look above it says the sales group can print and MANAGE their own documents. Is that a typo or an error of some sort? Can someone please explain this to me.

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    If I remember correctly, allowing print permissions allows the creater/owners of individual print jobs to pause and cancel them in addition to creating them. With the manage permission, you're allowing access to manage all print jobs, not just the ones created by the user or group in question.

Incidentally, what practice exam did you get this from? It looks a little sliced and diced, like it's missing some text or something.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    BherminghausBherminghaus Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Slowhand wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, allowing print permissions allows the creater/owners of individual print jobs to pause and cancel them in addition to creating them. With the manage permission, you're allowing access to manage all print jobs, not just the ones created by the user or group in question.

Incidentally, what practice exam did you get this from? It looks a little sliced and diced, like it's missing some text or something.

Yes I agree with what you're saying, I was just looking at the way they worded the question. And I took this practice exam from this website.

Do you know of any other practice exam links I could go to? Preferably free :)

Thanks,

Barrett
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Yes I agree with what you're saying, I was just looking at the way they worded the question. And I took this practice exam from this website.

Do you know of any other practice exam links I could go to? Preferably free :)

Thanks,

Barrett
    I'm glad I could clarify your question, (believe me, the real exams will be much more ambiguous and long-winded). As for other freebie practice tests, I'm not too sure, unfortunately.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    TravR1TravR1 Member Posts: 332
    Not too much for free in this world. Sites like this are far and few between.

However, this book comes with a real good handful of test questions - not to mention a great book to read a week before the exam. It's worth the $15 for a used copy.

Amazon.com: MCSE Windows XP Professional Exam Cram 2 (Exam 70-270) (2nd Edition): Derek Melber, Dan Balter: Books
    Austin Community College, certificate of completion: C++ Programming.
    Sophomore - Computer Science, Mathematics
  • Options
    djhss68djhss68 Member Posts: 205
    TravR1 wrote: »
    Not too much for free in this world. Sites like this are far and few between.

However, this book comes with a real good handful of test questions - not to mention a great book to read a week before the exam. It's worth the $15 for a used copy.

Amazon.com: MCSE Windows XP Professional Exam Cram 2 (Exam 70-270) (2nd Edition): Derek Melber, Dan Balter: Books
    Yep, I have that and I'm reading it right now in preparation for my test next Friday. I think it's actually better than the MSPress book.
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    There is a site called proprofs.com. It has some free exams on there for the 270 as well as most of the other MS exams. I used it for the 291 exam.
  • Options
    TravR1TravR1 Member Posts: 332
    djhss68 wrote: »
    Yep, I have that and I'm reading it right now in preparation for my test next Friday. I think it's actually better than the MSPress book.

I don't like the MSPress book for the XP exam, not at all. I read the book twice and I got nothing out of it.
    Austin Community College, certificate of completion: C++ Programming.
    Sophomore - Computer Science, Mathematics
  • Options
    djhss68djhss68 Member Posts: 205
    Plus it comes with a cool little cram sheet. That will come in handy on test day. :D
  • Options
    coldbugcoldbug Member Posts: 189
    make sure to register with a voucher from Prometric so that you can get the second shot free of charge. i didnt know that, so i took the test and failed..called Prometric and they told me i cant get second shot free cause i didnt register with the voucher...oh well.
    "If you want to kick the tiger in his ass, you'd better have a plan for dealing with his teeth."