Options

Another wrong question2

BherminghausBherminghaus Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]18. You are the domain administrator for your company. All client computers run Windows XP Professional and are members of a single Windows 2003 domain. One of the users, Julia, created a shared folder on her computer and asks you to set the permissions. She wants everyone in the Sales department to be able to do everything except changing permissions for the shared folder. Nobody else in the company should be granted access of any kind. She wants to maintain Full Control over the shared folder's permission settings.

How should you assign the permissions? (Choose 3.)

They say the right answers are:
Remove everyone from shared permission (right).
Assign the share permission change to sales group (WRONG)
Assign the NTFS permission modify to sales group (right)

There is also an answer to "give julia full control" which is right.

Why the hell would I give change permissions to the sales group when she asked for the group NOT have to have change permissions?

Going to re-change the topic name to "I need help please" :)
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Share permissions aren't as granular as NTFS permissions. You only have the option for read, change, and full control. Therefore, if you want users to do anything besides read (i.e. create or modify a file) but not have full control, you have to include the change share permission. You can further restrict their actions with NTFS permissions since the most restrictive will take affect.