Options

Taking 70-620 Tomorrow

BreadfanBreadfan Member Posts: 282 ■■■□□□□□□□
This will be my first Microsoft exam after 3 CompTIA exams. I am quite nervous even though I am hearing this is the easiest of the lot. I dont do test-taking very well, but I am hoping the sims will help.

This test was VERY VERY hard to study for knowing I have Windows 7 next week and 70-290 in a few weeks.

Thanks to all for the tips, study material, and motivational tidbits in general.

Hopefully, by this time tomorrow I will be MCTS/MCP Certified

If there are any last minute tips you can think of between now and then, please share them.

Breadfan
Mark Twain

“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven than I shall not go.

Comments

• Options
    jrmeulemansjrmeulemans Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    hey man good luck. I am studying for this one too, and hope to take it by the end of next week. I have the MSPress book and also Transcender CBT's..which are rediculous, they cover waaaaay over the scope of the book...I'm happy to learn about CIDR, but..if its not covered in the MS Official Objectives, it will just be information overload..

lol, anyways let me know how it goes man, and yes please reply with last minute tips, because I can use em too.

Oh, Breadfan, what did you use to study?
  • Options
    Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
    study your IE and Mobile stuff (ah) and your other stuff :)
  • Options
    Thanks jrmeulemans...

I used the MS Press and Sybex (not so much) and Transcender Practice tests (these helped ALOT). Also used the Technotes here and 2 GREAT study guides from ProProfs.com The Knowledge FREEway (called the Ultimate Vista guide).

I tried to familiarize myself with the new things in Vista and I think, most importantly, when I took the practice tests, review the reasons WHY I got them wrong AND right, and tried not to fall in the trap of memorizing the answers.

All of the new screens and menus and the crazy new apps in Vista are what's been getting me. I have been using XP for so long, I cannot seem to shake its menus when I am looking for UAC icon_rolleyes.gif

Good luck to you jrmeulemans (and everyone else taking this one)

and thanks also to Nonprofittechie for those great tips too icon_thumright.gif
    Mark Twain

• Options
    Update....I passed...icon_cheers.gif

I got a 742. Not my proudest score, but considering I don't own Vista (used a 30-day VHD), didn't study all that long and hard for it, a pass is a pass.

I am due to take the Windows 7 Beta on 5-18 and the Server+ 2009 Beta on 5-22 and then I will be taking 70-290 by 6-30-09 to take advantage of the 2nd shot again

By the way, I had 64 questions and 16 sims...whew...(Terry REALLY REALLY needs to stop calling the helpdesk) lol

I am now going to take short break, drink some much needed brews and hit Windows 7 hard

Breadfan
    Mark Twain

• Options
    JordusJordus Banned Posts: 336
    Breadfan wrote: »
    Update....I passed...icon_cheers.gif

I got a 742. Not my proudest score, but considering I don't own Vista (used a 30-day VHD), didn't study all that long and hard for it, a pass is a pass.

I am due to take the Windows 7 Beta on 5-18 and the Server+ 2009 Beta on 5-22 and then I will be taking 70-290 by 6-30-09 to take advantage of the 2nd shot again

By the way, I had 64 questions and 16 sims...whew...(Terry REALLY REALLY needs to stop calling the helpdesk) lol

I am now going to take short break, drink some much needed brews and hit Windows 7 hard

Breadfan

a pass is a pass. There is a big bunch of information on the psychometrics of the tests and why a 742 isnt 74.2%.

So congrats!
  • Options
    mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Mine is next week - no doubt i will meet Terry!
  • Options
    LefanduchLefanduch Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just came back from my 70-620 exam. Iv'e passed with a score of 850.

70-623 is next! :)
  • Options
    Congrats....Nice Score

icon_thumright.gif

Good Luck on the 70-623
    Mark Twain

• Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157