Access to documentation in JNCIP LAB

mohdhyderhasmohdhyderhas Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Friends,

I have scheduled my JNCIP LAB in June first week. just wanna know do we have access to Juniper documentation in JNCIP Exam.

thanks

Hyder

Comments

• zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    yup. i believe it was all the technical documentation, config guides, etc, for the version of junos in your lab. same docs you find on juniper.net. i believe there were a couple text files for some rfcs. i did it a few years ago, but i assume this hasn't changed.
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    When I took my IE-M back last October I had access to tech docs that were placed on my testing station's desktop. Which I was very glad for, there was one simple thing on the test that I had no idea how to go about it. Looked it up real quick and was like "oh, so that's how you do it" :D
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • nick619nick619 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    IIRC mine was just in soft copy. Try not to rely on having the documentation available though :)
    nick619 wrote: »
    IIRC mine was just in soft copy. Try not to rely on having the documentation available though :)

haha, seriously, the provided docs are great if you need to look something up real quick. But if you using them to learn how to do something then you're screwed ;)

-Bender
  • zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    and don't forget about these commands
    there's tons of documentation on the router itself
    much faster than digger thru pdfs
    me@router-re0> help ?
    Possible completions:
      <[Enter]>            Execute this command
      apropos              Find help information about a topic
      reference            Reference material
      syslog               System log error messages
      tip                  Tip for the day
      topic                Help for high level topics
      |                    Pipe through a command
    {master}
    me@router-re0>

• mohdhyderhasmohdhyderhas Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    zoidberg wrote: »
    and don't forget about these commands
    there's tons of documentation on the router itself
    much faster than digger thru pdfs
    me@router-re0> help ?
    Possible completions:
      <[Enter]>            Execute this command
      apropos              Find help information about a topic
      reference            Reference material
      syslog               System log error messages
      tip                  Tip for the day
      topic                Help for high level topics
      |                    Pipe through a command
    {master}
    me@router-re0>

Dear friends,

thank you all for your comments.

Regards,
    Hyder
  • rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hyder,

its may 28 now,
    so, have you prepared yet?

and, i wish you all the best of luck on the lab :)
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.
  • mohdhyderhasmohdhyderhas Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hyder,

its may 28 now,
    so, have you prepared yet?

and, i wish you all the best of luck on the lab :)

Hi Friends,

I took LAB and failed. I made some mistakes and in some basic configurations and in BGP.

Exam was so cool but i ran out of time to complete all the tasks.

Regards,

Hyder
  • rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hyder,

its ok - i wish that you'll beat them next time when you go to the lab ;)
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.
    sorry to hear that hyder, next time i'm sure you'll have better luck.

I think the pass rate for the IP for first time test takes is around 20% so don't feel to bad :)

-Bender
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I took LAB.....

icon_eek.gif Fall Back. icon_silent.gif Regroup. icon_study.gif Then hit it again!! icon_cool.gif

If it were easy, everyone would be doing it.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • adnan.pervaizadnan.pervaiz Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck next time hyder,keep studying and continue wih hard working, i am also plan for JNCIP-M/T in december would you please share some valuable tips with me that will useful for me.
    Thanks in advance

Hi Friends,

I took LAB and failed. I made some mistakes and in some basic configurations and in BGP.

Exam was so cool but i ran out of time to complete all the tasks.

Regards,

Hyder
  • cyrusquafircyrusquafir Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello everybody ;
    i have some question for jncip hands-on exam
    but my mind very confused
    i have read jncip book 5 times so i memorize :)
    i have read and practice case study sections and always i also pratice on the 7xm7 series router
    but i'm afraid this hands-on lab may be i'll fail
    what is your best advice for me ? what shoul i do that i can be comfotable exam ?

Thanks.

Burak Pasali
    IMO I think the best advice to give is to practice, practice, and practice those case studies in the JNCIP book. I was able to get all the case studies down to 15 mins and the last BGP case study down to 1/2 hr. Then when I took the lab I was able to get it all done just about an hour after lunch.

Something else that doesn't hurt is making up your own labs with things you've learned from the book. This way you don't get use to doing it one way.

Also, don't forget to do the lab that are inside the chapters!

HTH

-Bender
  • hoogen82hoogen82 Member Posts: 272
    Aldur... You are scaring the guy now ..... 15 mins jeez...
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.
    Hello aldur and everyboyd;
    Thanks for advice
    I will enter the Jncip exam on 25th janurary on the netherland
    I prepared all things therefore i trusted myself that i can do it :)
    By the way, if i enter the exam absolutly i will go to maldivs :) and all time enjoy it
    this exam very important for me
    Thank you for everything and advice all

Burak Pasali
  • hoogen82hoogen82 Member Posts: 272
    Good luck man... Let us know how it goes..
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.
    Hello everyboyd;
    I have many problem
    1-Advertise all customer routes from C1 and C2 to the peer routers only.
    points Use the MEDs to prefer P1 for all C1 routes and P2 for all C2 routes.

2-Advertise peer routes from P1 and P2 to C1 and C2 as a summary route
    points (use the most concise summary possible). This should be the only route advertised to the customer routers except the summary routes in task 1.

3-Advertise all transit routes received from T1 and T2 to each other only.
    No other routes except the summary routes in task 1 should be
    advertised to the transit routers.

What does it means ? (What is the configuration parameters)
    My mind very confused i hope you understand me icon_sad.gif
    Hello everyboyd;
    I have many problem
    1-Advertise all customer routes from C1 and C2 to the peer routers only.
    points Use the MEDs to prefer P1 for all C1 routes and P2 for all C2 routes.

First, the goal is to only advertise routes that come from customer routers, C1 and C2 to any Peer routers, P1 and P2. There are plenty of ways to go about this but the way I prefer is to tag all incoming customer routes with a community in an import policy on the routers that have an EBGP peering with C1 and C2. From there I would setup restrictive export policies on all routers that are running EBGP to only export the routes they are supposed to export. So on the EBGP routers that peer with the P1 and P2 routers I would setup a policy that only allows BGP routes to be sent to P1 and P2 if they contain the Customer community.
    2-Advertise peer routes from P1 and P2 to C1 and C2 as a summary route
    points (use the most concise summary possible). This should be the only route advertised to the customer routers except the summary routes in task 1.

Some what the same idea as the first question but with a little bit of a twist. You are going to have to create an aggregate route of the routes you are receiving from P1 and P2. This can really be done on any router in your network but I'd recommend on creating the aggregate route on the edge routers peering with P1 and P2. Then apply an export policy into IBGP that will export this aggregate route with a community attached to it representing that it came from the Peer routers. Then on the Customer peering routers you'll want to apply a restrictive export policy that will only export routes with this community.
    3-Advertise all transit routes received from T1 and T2 to each other only.
    No other routes except the summary routes in task 1 should be
    advertised to the transit routers.

What does it means ? (What is the configuration parameters)
    My mind very confused i hope you understand me icon_sad.gif

Transit routes received from T1 and T2 need to be advertised to eachother. So routes received from T1 need to go to T2 and routes received from T2 need to go to T1. The same concept from above applys here. Receive routes from T1, mark them with a community on the router that receives them through EBGP. Then on the router that will be advertising those routes through EBGP to T2 apply an export policy that only allows for the advertisement of those routes marked with the T1 community. Do the reverse for the routes coming from T2.

Although Task 1 is not shown here I guessing that it is referring to the summary route you've created to represent your internal network space. Don't forget to allow for this in the export policies you've created.

-Bender
    Hello Altur,
    • [FONT=&quot]Using a well-known community, request that customer C1 not advertise your aggregate routes to any peer outside their AS. [/FONT]
    What it is means and Can you tell a example for this issue ?
    Hello Altur,
    • [FONT=&quot]Using a well-known community, request that customer C1 not advertise your aggregate routes to any peer outside their AS. [/FONT]
    What it is means and Can you tell a example for this issue ?

Have a look at the following doc and let me know if you have any questions.

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos42/swconfig-routing42/html/policy-route-aspath-config4.html

You can also get a better explanation of this on page 268 of the JNCIS study guide.

-Bender