Options

2509 problems

jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
Ok CCNP'ers I need some advice. Went to boot up my lab last night only to find out that I could not telnet to my access server. So I eventually consoled in, and found no output. I rebooted and it goes through what appears to be a normal boot, and then hangs right where it says "compiled by kellythw". I have went into rommon and adjusted the confreg thinking that it might be a corrupt IOS, but to no avail, it hangs at the same place every time. Bad flash? I am stuck at this point. This thing has been working for around a year now, so I dont know. Thanks for any advice.

J

Comments

• Options
    jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
    Well, after no replies, and a free saturday night with a couple beers and nothing to do I dove knee deep into the bowels of the internet looking for answers. I did fix it..here were my steps (in case anyone else runs into the same problems):

1)ordered new terminal access server 2509....(regret this now...but hey another router never hurts!)

2)issued break seq....got the all-knowing > prompt
    3)issued the "o/r 0x2142" command
    4)issued the "i" command
    5)looked at flash.....nothing there!!!! (where the hell did my image go??? Was it that power surge the other night :)
    6)erased and "unpartitioned/repartitioned flash" back into one large 8Meg partition
    7)set up ethernet interface
    8 )copied ios from t.f.t.p server
    9) config-reg 0x2102
    10) reload....

So I dont know what went wrong...but hey, I got some hardware troubleshooting and rommon expeience out of it, so it was a good night. I was getting tired of EIGRP anyways.

Hope this helps someone else...